Low humidity! Purple Punch - week 2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WesternMAGrower, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Just ended week 2 of flowering on these Purple Punch clones. Stoked about growing this strain. I grow in my basement and in the winter, even with a humidifier, I can't get the humidy in my tent up above 25. Everyone talks about controlling high humidty, but not a ton of discussions about super low humidty. Anyone have any first hand experience on the effects on yield? The plants are thriving under the HLG qbs, so not sure how much sleep i need to lose over this! Thank all.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. If they are thriving id let it ride...they seem to look good imo

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I'd take lower humidity in the 20's anyday of the weak. I'm sure it's not ideal, but way better for flowering plants than way too high of a humidity.

A general home humidifier should work okay for raising humidity, but I honestly wouldn't go out of my way to try and up it. If it seems good, roll with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yup i have one of those 1 gallon target humidifiers. The biggest problem is when drying time comes around. I have to shut off my exhaust fan, which stinks up the house pretty good!! But it's a legal grow, so f*ck it!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Get yourself a Top Fill Ultrasonic humidifier.

Forced air types can't keep up.
    Bottom fill is a hassle.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Our humidity here in northeast N.M. is usually about that dry and outdoor grows here do really well.

indoor grows with that low humidity make an environment that is quite suitable for spider mites and other pests. So keep your eyes pealed for them and ger some Ladybugs if any do show up.

Good luck!

7. Oh yes, I've had several battles with spider mites in the past. Usually it was a result of bringing in clones that had mites. But, I am armed and ready if they ever come back and now i inspect my clones much more carefully.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah I had some serious spider mites during my indoor grow in the summer. My basement gets real dry in the summer, and I made the mistake of bringing in plants from other places outside. Damn spider mites were a bastard to get rid of. I never got them all until I did a full reset, and cleaned everything before reinstalling.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I had amazing success with two products. One was Green Clean for eggs and the other was Captain Jacks Deadbug for the living mites (could be the other way around). Killed em good, never to return.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. 300 ladybugs from Amazon got them but I needed to do it again the next grow. That time they really cleaned them up good, eggs and all! Years later and no more spider mites. Biologically friendly and cheap and really easy as they do the work for you.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Start using lady bugs from start works even better

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. With low humidity, they will drink a bit more. I reduce my feed strength just a touch because of how much more they take up to stay hydrated. Will burn my tips otherwise (more than usual!). Otherwise they don't mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I've definitely noticed that! Good advice on reducing nutes. Makes sense. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1