Low Budget Closet Grow, First Grow Ever

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Beentoken, Mar 11, 2011.

1. This is my first grow ever, i have 2 plants growing currently, I can't tell if they're male or female, my friend gave them to me and the one on the left looks like its not doin too good, but the one on the right looks like its growin good, I've noticed it grown quite a bit since i got them yesterday. Here is my setup, Is it okay to have my fan blowing in there? It isnt blowing hard, just enough to make tiny taps of movement to the plants, i heard that it strengthens them, and it helps them grow faster. I'm currently running the light on 24/7, i give it a break for a few hours when i get home. Anyways tell me if there is anything i need to change or that im doing wrong, and the lightbulb is a cfl light, i heard that is good. I'm going to purches a bigger one from lowes when it is needed, and i will have it chained to the clothes line in my closet so i can raise it if needed.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. I don't know what type of soil im using my dad just gave me what ever he had in the basement. He said it was good though.