loving more than one

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by HighOnIt, Aug 4, 2010.

1. is it really possible for someone to love three women at the same time? i dont mean a daughter or grandma, or mom, because they are all women but having three women or men you have fallen in love with.

i am a girl and i think i can only love one man at a time

what im wondering is how there can be man that have a wife and then lovers on the side and then claim they love all of them equally.

can you really love more than one woman or man at a time?

2. Im sure a lot can. But id prefer to just stay focused on one.

3. Probably I'm sure there was a favorite wife in polygamists but he probably loves em.

Not sure why it wouldn't be possible, pretty sure staying with one mate the rest of your life isn't something we used to do back way when.

4. yeah i know back then you didnt just stay with one mate but tosay is different

marriages are failure and theres lots if divorces

maybe polygamists did love all his wives but did he ever think his wives didnt really want to share him

loving more than one is nice when you are the one that has lots of mates but being one of the mates can suck

5. No, that's bullshit. I've loved two girls thus far in my life and I don't play with words so I really do mean love when I say it. During those times I had barely any physical interest in other girls, let alone any emotional connections. Other than good friends of course.

If you tell someone you love them you better mean it. I'm having the same problem with a girl I like right now too. She tells me it all the time but it's very obvious she doesn't mean it. Just before she left for Europe she hooked up with two guys in one night at a party apparently. Still have to sort that out when she gets back, but I don't think we'll be talking for much longer to say the least.

6. Today is different yeah, but humans are still the same pretty much. If one can love one person why can't they love 2?

Maybe but you can put a lot of maybe's for both sides. Maybe they were all a happy family that had awesome sex.

Is it better? Who knows not for me to say as different people love differently, but it's possible nonetheless.

7. I alwayz say my woman has my heart but the rest of them can have my sperm:p

8. Today is different regarding whats socially accepted but what has changed mentally to make it to where we cant love more than one person at a time? I think thats complete bs really..

I love no females tho.. i dont throw the term love around without it being genuine. I love my son.. and thats the only person on the planet i can say that about.. not because its impossible for me to love anyone else.. but people fuck me over and i cant trust noone.

9. I think everybody has something that kind of pieced it all together. There really isn't one way to answer it. Is it physically possible? Of coarse it is, why on earth wouldn't it be. Putting that aside, I believe most people don't because it tends to complicate things a lot more than a relationship can already be.

The reason a lot of marriages these day tend to turn to divorces are because people rush into things. It's like society likes this instant gratification and some how that title makes a relationship better in a way. They probably didn't love their partner like they thought they did and soon realize that. Also people go into marriage thinking if it doesn't work out they can always get a divorce. Shitty way to think of such a thing because it honestly should be "until death do us part" but maybe that's just me being optimistic.

Now being married kind of complicates loving more than one person. Usually if you get married it is an agreement to be with that one person. Relationships are easy to let drift and it takes a lot of effort to make things work, so it might just be easier for a person to claim they love these other people on the side and what not. I'm not really sure any of this is making sense but it does in my head at the moment lol...sorry for the rambling.

10. yes its definitely possible. I think if a guy equally loves more than 1 person it will just not work out, because the females will all be jealous of each other, and expect that they should be the only one, and that they should get all the attention. and big orgies cause big problems, believe me, you

11. maybe, but i sure as fuck couldnt put up with more than one

12. I guess it really depends on how you define "love". I love a few different girls all for different reasons and all in different ways. However there is only one girl that I am "in love" with and I don't know that it's possible to be "in love" with more than one girl at least for me. I don't believe that humans have the emotional capability or capacity to share a bond as strong as "love" with more than one person at a time.

13. Everyone's different, you know? The great thing about love is that there's no one definition of it for everyone. People have all different kinds of way of showing it as well. Love is relative so who says that one person can't love 3 or more people at once? I personally never have, but I know that it's possible.

14. Where are you guys getting this 'now a days' thing? As far as I can tell, it's always been the most common practice for humans to have monogamous relationships? Certainly there were anomalies in history where polygamists existed, and still exist today. But overall, I think as a species we've always had the one-mate mentality.

Though, I don't think it's ever been impossible for someone to love multiple people in the deepest sense of the word... But that love is guided by the desired of those you do love. If you love two women who DONT want to be involved in a multiple partner relationship, then you should either decide which one you want to be with ultimately and pursue that relationship, or move on and forget about both of them for THEIR sake (if you really love them, then you would suffer heartache for their happiness).

You can't love someone, and willfully put them in a situation you know could hurt them.. If you're willing to hurt them (physical or emotional), then you don't really love them, and you should recognize that and come to terms with it before you make any further decisions regarding your relationship/s.

Now, if you fall in love with more than one, who both show interest in polygamy, then why not? So long as you're ready for all of the ups and downs that come with it.. (It can get complicated!)