Love my significant other but Im falling for my bf

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by E_Angel, Feb 12, 2014.

1. it's not about that for me....it's just the shock of someone having so much conviction about something...and then do a complete 180.

2. some harsh words up in here... everyones situation is different but at the same time cheating is NEVER ok in my book..be honest with you s/o bout your feelings guys..worst feeling is the one you love the most giving love to some one else behind your back..shit sucks. just imagine if the tables were turned and the one you loved was fucking around with another dude/chick..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. End is true. Although I did say she can't have both, which is also true.

4. It happens quite a lot though, it really isn't that shocking. Sometimes things happen that make you see things in a different light. Im not saying cheating is right, Im just saying feelings can change, and that can make a big impact on how you percieve things.

5. Well if she can pitch polyamory like a champ maybe.

But most people who arent already okay with it, will never be okay with it

6.  dude see if you can find that thread bro.

Dude....this chick was going on an on about her relationships and ow she cut off old friends and even broke up with dudes because they couldnt accept her brother/best friend since hes a male. She was on a high fuckin horse about it. If you read the thread it will turn your stomach to knots.. Alot of us are family here, to hear a blade has fallen off the deep end is a very sad day. Its like sometimes you jus wanna save people from themselves...

Cant help it man. We had some deep convos both personal and public. Fireflys my friend bro. If your friend fucked up that bad youd be upset too if you were a good friend and actually cared. She matters to me and i looked forward to seeing her posts and hearing how her beautiful fam was. Shit sucks dude.

7. I dont think anyone is arguing that. If they are.... they arent very grounded in reality.

What people are in arms about, is not being upfront about the situation, and trying to hide it, which damages the trust nth fold, when the truth finally comes out

8. I know and understand all that. I was referring to bashing Firefly for her change of feelings towards her man. How she did a 180.

9. #49 Paper Planes, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014

Absolutely.

I mean, yes, cheating is a shitty thing. Absolutely no question there. But to act like it's a simple matter of "just not doing it" -- if it was that easy, infidelity would be a fantasy word, something illusory. No, it happens quite often, and I refuse to believe that, considering the frequency, everyone who does it is just this inherently horrible person. 

Feelings are these mutable, weird, intense, and completely chaotic things sometimes. And it's always the ones who have THE most ironclad convictions about how they could never do something like that that I would certainly watch out for (OP included, though I mean no offense in saying that), because you're basically saying you're immune and, thus, aren't actively guarding against actions or situations where temptation could get the best of you. "I would never do that" is a pretty bold assumption. There's all kinds of data out in the world that says there are few limits to what people CAN do, if put in certain situations.

I think few, if any, people are ever immune. 

10. I'm not bashing her.....i really wish I could find that thread.  It's ok to have a change in feelings...we are human. 

11. You never insulted her, you were just shocked.

Unless you did, in which case I totally missed it

12. Agreed...

It's called empathy people...give it a try.

:hide:

13. Dude i am so mind fucked right now. I need to go self distruct on some drugs.

One of my fuckin heroes just died man.

Goddammit.

Fuck.

14. May I suggest some:

Night Terror OG?

[​IMG]

There now youre thinking about self destructing with potent multicolored bud :p

16. If you dump tje first.one for tje second one you will regret it and end up missing the first one

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I'm calling troll, OP joined this month. You're outta control.

18. He means FireFly not OP

19. I could never do something like this. The reason I looked out for me before I got involved with someone seriously was so that I could support myself financially and don't need no check from an ex husband. That sounds stupid doesn't it? You leave him and he pays you? For what.

When my parents got divorced, after 30 years, my mom wanted my dad to pay spousal support on top of the 550 she got from a retired man on a fixed income for child support. Then she cried about committing suicide when I moved back in with him, but couldn't have been happier when he just kept paying the child support because he didn't wanna cause problems.

Idk you just seem money hungry and quite happy about milking this man. Maybe instead of helping him advance his career you could have advanced your own.

20. I wasnt talking to or about op, i was talkin bout firefly. And yeah i flipped a bit. Not like its on a complete stranger. So fuckin what.