Loud Alarm Clocks and Buzzers

Discussion in 'General' started by garrison68, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Do any of you use extra loud alarm clocks, door buzzers, loud phone ringers, etc., in case you are in a stupor, or too stoned to notice that something is going off? I have an alarm clock that is not only super-loud, you can also plug a lamp into it to flash, and it has something attached that shakes the bed. I've put doorbell extensions in my bedroom, including a horn speaker hooked up to the lobby's intercom buzzer. I gust got, from Amazon, a piercingly loud kitchen timer, which has to be shut off manually, that blows away the ones built into the microwave and toaster oven: Never a burnt meal when I'm burning again! :hello:

2. a loud alarm clock would make me go crazy and punch shit. Anything loud is so annoying it just really pisses me off. when i pick a song to wake up to it will be something like "the prayer" by kid cudi, or like "babylon is falling" by slightly stoopid at a quiet volume and it wakes me up fine.

3. Then your drugs aren't strong enough.

:D

4. My problem isn't not hearing my alarm because its too quiet, my problem is with my body shutting off my alarm on my phone without totally waking up. I've done it so much it just became natural.... then i wake up late for shit.

5. I always wake up to a really loud shitty song...I used to use music I really liked but I ended up only associating the song with waking up and I never wanted to listen to it.

6. Mines pretty quiet actually. It's an old one I've used for years.

Always wakes me up though. It's across the room from my bed, so I don't shut it of and fall back asleep.

Once I walk across the room I'm up for the day.

7. I have my alarm clock on the loudest setting. I need a really loud alarm to even phase me in the slightest, drugs or not.

8. randomposting this...

my alarm clock is like 1:40 ahead since i reset it for the time change. and i don't mean one minute, fourty seconds. so it's irrelevant to me whether it's loud. :cool:

9. My clock had an alarm that starts off quite but gets louder with every beep.

10. I hate the sound of alarm clocks, so fucking irritating. I just use my phone as an alarm.

11. I wake up everyday to the lovely sounds of Willie Nelson "If you've got the money"

It's very peaceful.

12. Mine is static in between radio stations, works well haa

13. i really dont like being woken up so i dont use music i like, cause i end up hating it. it reminds of being woken up, gives me the same vibe. kinda a pavlovian thing, song plays - pisses me off.

i need to have a few alarms to actually get up usually. i have one alarm clock on the other side of my room from my bed, one on the floor beneath my bed, and ill fill the limit i can have of alarms on my phone (i think i can have 5 on it). before id also have my ipod with a couple alarms on it, and a 3rd alarm clock.

i always get up turn of the alarm and go right back to bed, most of the time without even noticing im awake

14. Mines just a mellow tone on my mobile. I snooze it every 5 mins for half hour before getting up. I love the feeling of being in and out of sleep.

15. ^^^This :) although mines set for 07:20 and i need to be up at 08:20 so i keep snoozeing for an hour. Love the feeling.

16. I do the same thing.

If I had a loud Alarm Clock I probably would have broken it a long time ago. There's nothing worse than being jolted out of a sound sleep by a screeching tone reverberating through your brain.

17. Lol tell me about it. It's the worst was to start a day. IMO.