*lotsa pics* first bud showed!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 2GsOfDank, Jul 6, 2010.

1. hey guys just wanna show my baby off. my first grow. tell me what you think.

its been on 12/12 for about 1.5 weeks now, and buds have shown!

trichomes developing nice and frosty looking
    :D
    yet some leaves are yellowing, and alot have browning tips??? idk.:confused:

also, im trying to speed up flowering as i am taking a vacation as soon as my plant harvested, and i have to go before the summer ends, so i put it on 10/14 today.

please comment, im looking forward to chatting with you guys here at GC!
    :wave:

Attached Files:

2. A bit of nute burn on the tips. Besides that she's healthy. You should haved topped her to get more buds.

3. I'm pretty sure that changing your light schedule will not decrease flowering time. All changing the light schedule does is trick the plant into flowering it still takes the same amount of time to flower no matter what.

-Mephy

4. thanks man, and does topping really increase yield? i heard it only changes plant shape, not yield. idk though.

thanks, imma keep pics updated

5. well in that case .... shit.
    im really hoping to speed flowering because i gotta go to tennesee before summer ends... how long till buds should be harvested?

6. There are some strains that build most of the buds on the main steam. So yes some strains should not be topped as the plant will not produce as much with say 4 tops. Instead the 4 tops will have smaller buds.

But most plants will benefit from topping. A vigorous plant that loves nutes and shocks for a short period of time after pruning would definitely benefit from topping. Also plants that bud everywhere including on branches close to the bottom of the plant are the best candidates for topping. These plants benefit from the extra light and availability of possible but sites resulting from pruning. It will however delay your harvest a few days each time you top.

People here love lst. And its a great tool to create more tops but I think it should only be used on plants that shock easy and for long periods after pruning.

So basically, whether topping is a good tool to increase yield has a lot to do with the plant your working with.

7. hmm well i have bagseed from mids, i have no clue what strain it is. i appreciate your input, bro!

im gunna try topping next grow. i need a shorter plant.. so yeah.

happy toking

8. nice buds, yet some ball things? hermaphrodite?!?

Attached Files:

9. impossible to tell from out of focus pictures...

10. Defo hermaphrodite bro you can see female hairs and male seed pockets all over her

[​IMG]

11. Def. Hermie...

12. axe it down and go on your vaca now. then try again when you get back cuz that wont even be worth it since its a bag seed from junk buds. if ur going the bagseed root and not purchasing qaulity gentics i would find i nice strong female that doesnt hermi on you and clone her out. takes all the trial and error out of the process after you've found a solid mother or two.