Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lots Of 100% LEGIT Purple Haze!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by JustForMJ, Jan 31, 2011.

1. very correct, i got the chance to drop the original formula for that specific type. wayyyyy better and more mellow imho than Sunshine.

2. #62 DiPT Sounds, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That was literally my first post in this thread lol

edit: actually I don't even know if I mentioned it, I remember at Bassnectar when he dropped a sample from the song I just started screamin "PURPLE HAZE WAS BLOTTER IN THE 60'S"

Of course for all I know it was probably microdot

edit2 nah I said it on the 2nd page, I knew it lol

3. #63 Burned Haze, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
    The thread poster: You really need to stop making stories up on the net, Just cause you " prove" by statements you have some hook that's been growing for " 60 years", I have known many growers who grown for 20-30+ years and were idiots or scammed about genes/growing. Even if he told you that, you really think that it's true ? Pure haze's take along time and It doesn't even look like a haze gene anyways.

Point is Inner-breeding and how they sterilized weed back then prevented the genes to continue , Like G13 to the competition White widow, inner-breeding made the true strains extinct to public and maybe everyone. Yes there is genes and land-races that have similar effects and plant structure. I have grown pure hazes and thai's from time to time and I never would do that to something that took so bloody long.

Plus No offense but that bud doesn't even look cured/dried properly anyways, Who would grow a haze for 10-16+ weeks and not dry/cure properly? Point made...

anyways smoke on and I wouldn't even reply to these threads where the poster argues that his connect is so legit about the names when obviously his trying to pull one.

-BH

4. hella leafy lol

5. It's not done, and you care way more than me so I'll let you be right.

6. THAT looks medicinal. for sure. stuff like this is worth way more than a gold baggie or a medical tube of "medicinal"

7. uhh....ya!

8. Few quick questions: Do you know the exact genetics of the original strain? Do you have empirical evidence that it is indeed extinct? Do you know the genetics of the OP's grow that would conclude it is not indeed the strain he has indicated? If not, you are in no place to be drawing assumptions about the credibility of the post.

9. How did the orinal purple haze originate? By pure genetic expression luck of draw in regards to phenotypes? Perhaps selective crossbreeding of rare native landrace strains?

IS THIS NOT ALL POSSIBLE TODAY?????

10. nope, because all the original Landrace strains we once had are all gone now, other than the occasional hippies who have a few beans left over from their youth days.

11. #71 DiPT Sounds, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
    But are they not still growing wild in the fields of South Africa(edit in regards to landraces)? I know it has the most different types of landrace sativas, compared to the rest of the world. And what about wild landrace Mexican and South American sativas?

I don't breed, those were all legit questions, for all I know phenotypic expression is a one and one time only occurence, such as how every human is different, even twins

edit: I know burned haze wanted us all to feel dumb for questioning shit, but thats what the fuck I do, I want to know how and why were those seeds sterilized and purposely bred to discontinue the genetics? If thats true than thats your own guys' damn fault from back in the day, right?

12. after about the 80's is when the Cartels started just throwing random seeds into the grounds from whereever they could so they could make more crop, which is around the time the Landrace Sativa's from mexico almost disappeared, i have 5 original Acapulco Gold seeds that im still looking for a correct place to plant them because to be honest, here in oklahoma, we dont have long enough season's for them to finish.

but yes, i was watching one show about some Sativa from Africa that a Seedbank got a hold of, some "Gold" i forgot the country's name.

13. will a seed thats that old even be able to grow

14. it's possible. as long as they're stored correctly cannabis seeds can last decades. just keep them in a dry, dark cool place.

15. didn't know that.. thats pretty cool. maybe in the next ten years we'll have some type of super hybrid or something

16. haha hopefully before that, if i find a great place to do so, im going to breed the fuck out of the strain and try to rebuild it.

17. hey man I know a guy who's at MIT learnin about gene expression right now, he'll probably be the dude to learn how to get the genetic encoding of the gene that makes various lysergic alkaloids found in ergot to then put that into bud making some super dope boy LSAbud

or if he could find a way to completely cut out the chemist and have the weed produce acid in and of itself

edit: if that makes any sense, I'll try to remember to edit this tomorrow when I'm thinking

18. i dont like LSA though, it's too Shroomy. but we're not allowed to talk about other drugs on here :x

perhaps he could take the LSA Alkaloids from plant seeds like HBW and insert them into Bud DNA? dunno seems plausible though.

19. Can we see it when it's actually manicured?

Because it looks like 90% of the purple is on the leaves. ie cold temps

Edit Add-on: Lol at the above stoner Einsteins here.

20. #80 CSn0w, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
    hahahaha, i suppose we are :3

also, ikr? it just looks like some late bud that got to cold, it's funny when noobs come in here and try to trick us seasoned Vets.