Lost

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by HappyLizard18, Jan 28, 2009.

1. I'm not sure what to do, dudes. My boyfriend used to smoke pot but he quit and now he thinks I should too. No matter what I do he still says he hates that I smoke it and I don't get why. I could never ever lie to him about it (as in, keep smoking behind his back) but I don't feel like quitting. He keeps saying shit like "Oh you're just saying you can't but if you could you would" He knows marijuana's not addictive. He quit just like that, so why doesn't he think I can? I know I can quit, I just don't want to. What's wrong with that?

I feel kinda like I want to quit, when I think about him and how he feels about it, but I still love getting high. It's not like I ditch him to get high, I don't tell him when I get high but if he asks I always tell him the truth. He says not knowing about it would make him feel worse. I don't know what to do! I just bought a quarter too :smoke:

Maybe I should finish up what I've got and just quit. For him, because I love him. It'd save me a lot of money :p Opinions? Experiences? Any response at all would help.

Thanks

2. We cant really tell you what to do, ultimately/obviously its up to you, we dont know your relationship, but I will leave you with a saying my grandmother used to say -

"Don't borrow someone else's spectacles to view yourself with."

But I will admit, I am biased.

3. #3 Stark, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
    Well many have said before me "If they don't like you for who you are, why should you be so kind towards them?" A relationship should be a mutual understanding on both parts not just one side weighing heavier on the scale.

But that's just my opinion

It's really your call, is he worth it? Only your verdict can change it, not ours.

[Edit] Anony hit the nail on the head here, took longer for me to type up than I thought lol

4. #4 AK Infinity, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009

If this is how you truly feel and he refuses to be flexible then there's nothing more to be said IMHO because love trumps everything. But before you put down that pipe for the last time ask yourself if he would do the same for you? It should be practiced or at least understood that balance is a desirable thing. Partners should be able to listen without judgment and where there is a lack of understanding there should be patience. But in the real world it isn't all that simple naturally as relationships are frequently unequal, where one person gives alot more than the other to make things work, it's a shitty deal really but easily avoidable if one demands more out of a relationship than just emotion.

If there's good give and take between the both of you a little compromise never hurt anyone, but if on the other hand you're being forced by your partner to quit out of some selfish motivation on his part, that should be looked at. In my humble estimation the most important attribute of a successful relationship, even more important than love, is acceptance.

Hope it works out for ya, till then...

Stay green.

5. Hey thanks AK, that was really helpful. :)

I'm still somewhat unsure, but I guess I have at least the rest of this quarter to figure it out. No point wasting good weed right? XD