Lost/Stolen Ipod

Discussion in 'General' started by tdavis020, May 1, 2009.

1. Alright so last night I went to get some chinese food and somehow I lost my fucking ipod the 20-30 feet it took me to walk from my car to my apartment in the middle of the day. There were people outside talking when I was walking up to my door, and I had no idea I had dropped my ipod until a couple hours later when I couldn't find it. What the hell do I do? I printed out little flyer things and gave them to everyone in my building (even though I know whoever has the ipod won't give it back)? I googled stolen/lost ipods and there were a bunch of articles that talked about how Apple will not really help you find the ipod, even if you have the serial number (but there is a way you can track your ipod if you have the serial number). Does anyone know how to do this or what my best plan to do is? I already know theres probably a 1% chance I get this Ipod back and its a $400 lesson but fuck man Im a week and a half away from goin to Europe and needed this shit for my flight. :(

2. that really sucks man. but unless someone actually comes out and says they have it or knows who does, youre sol. i dont see how a serial number can be used to track it. if you know anyone who was around at the time or if anyone has heard another person talking about finding an ipod then there really isnt a way to find it.

3. #3 MopTop, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
    Yah, that's like losing money. You're not getting it back. Maybe offer $100 as a reward, more appealing if people get paid to do a good deed.

4. Yea man, its gone...did you see that test they did in Canada, somewhere I forgot, put 15 wallets around some town with all id cards and like $40 in the wallets, almost all of them got returned..but this is different, just reminded me of it, good luck tho, flyers cant hurt.

5. haha i lost my mp3 player when i was drunk. i have no idea where it went and my mate went back to the area we were hanging around and he couldnt find it. i just learnt to never bring stuff worth alot of money out with me anymore

6. Damn, that sucks. The serial number can only be used to track it if the person who sold it tries to sell it to a pawn shop. So if you know the serial number file a report with the Police, and they'll keep the serial number in a database so that pawnshop owners can see it. This happened with my sister's laptop, the idiots took it to a pawn shop and the owner checked the database, saw it was stolen, and called the cops.

But, if they don't take it to a pawn shop then I guess there's not much else you can do, except try and find the people who were outside talking at the time.

7. Yea man, nothing anyone of us can do.

So Im just going to assume you needed to vent some anger on GC for a lil bit which is allll gooooddd man.

Just learn from your mistakes instead of dwelling, know what I mean?

8. if i find it il return it to you.

9. Dude hell yeah exactly.. and I ended up doing the flyer thing and giving ti all the apt's in my complex and didnt get a call so Im def. not getting it back which totally sucks

10. Yeah they also ran EVERYONES ID - even the people that returned it. FUCKED UP