Lost Poles for Grow tent.. -.- substitution?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by OGeekush, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Alright so my friend has the Medium size grow tent from HTG which they no longer sell. He had to move out of his house so he ended up throwing away all the poles but still has the actual tent and its perfect size for what I was looking for. Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking pvc Pipes but they would be thicker than the original bars and Im not sure if it will fit right... Any ideas :rolleyes:

2. PVC. They should have a couple sizes to choose from at any place that has em. Just measure them a tad short, cause the ones that came w/ my tent are so tight that taking the damn things apart is like an ordeal.
    I'd rather have a little slack in it than have go go through all that taking it down and all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah True true. Do they sell 3-way PVC connectors? Im sure thats the wrong term haha but im sure you know what I mean. The connectors used for the corners of each part of the tent

4. I'm sure you can make something work. Hell, duct tape that shit if you have to. THEN GROW A BIG ASS PLANT!!!!

5. Haha I think I might just spend the 200 and get the grow lab GL80. Cause when I have 30lb. carbon filters, inline fans and 400 Watt HPS hanging from the roof I would feel more comfortable knowing that I wasnt relying on duct tape ;)
    Ps. Check out of my grow journal, I already got some plants going. This was just going to be for flowering

6. $200? I got one on ebay that's 2x4x7 for about $80 or so auction style. I don't think it's a name brand, but it's been holding up my fan, filter and light for over a year now.

I'd spend that extra $$ on something else man!

7. Someone doesn't watch enough Mythbusters! If 100 strands of ductape pic up a full drivable crown vic, Id trust my life to ducktape. Yes I know the car fell eventually but still, 120 strands it probably wouldnt have.

If you can't duck it, fuck it.

and be carefull if you use pvc, get cpvc its non toxic, the same for residential water lines.

8. Don't they sell metal poles at home depot? Couldn't I try to find ones that would fit correctly into the connectors and just have them cut down if I had too?

9. someone watches too much tv!

10. Post is 6 years old bro

11. Someone doesn't pay attention to the last post's date,

• Like Like x 1