Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Loss of appetite

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by uttahnuttah, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Can chronic marijuana use lead to loss of appetite? recently I have had no real desire to eat like I used to, which is strange since bud is supposed to be an appetite stimulant.

2. I get terrible munchies, but my mom told me that "back in the day" when she used to smoke, it would actually suppress her appetite.

3. yeah, if you smoke every day for a long time some people lose their appetite that happened to me but only for a few days.

4. Yes, it does suppress my appetite. I find it as a good balance after gorging on food while I am elevated.

5. my appetite is on and off now... one things for sure is that i no longer get munchies like i used to.

6. I only eat when I'm high now haha, If i haven't been smoking all day, I really never have the urge to go eat.

7. i haven't been smoking for the last few weeks
    and now eating makes me sick as hell.
    its bad...
    but i cant smoke cuz i've been tryin to get a job...
    i think i found one today im supposed to get a call tommorrow.
    but i haven't eaten since i've quit smoking...
    except a few crackers and a few bagles. thats it.

8. glad i finally dont feel so stupid saying this anymore lol.. ive noticed this for the past year but after going to jail and got out i started GRUBBING AGAIn

9. I have been smoking almost 5 years now....i feel old. I know I am still amateur compared to others(Fuckin baby boomers:)) Anyways, in small amounts everyday it seems to be chill. When I was on a binge for about 2 years though, my appetite began to dwindle. Perhaps too much weed. I was smoking it cuz some people around me had it 24/7. It was just offered at every turn, free. I now have the will power to say, no. Ew, that sounded way to much likea drug free ad. let me rephrase, I have the power to regulate my cannabis intake so as to continue getting hungry(I am a medical patient who uses it as an appetite stimulant) My metabolism is crazy, so i NEED the stimulation of my appetite from cannabis. Take a break for a week or 2 then smoke smaller amounts. Don't just go back to smoking bowls a session, i know it's hard cuz its habit. Took me a few tried to gain control. I was just so use to smoking ridiculous amounts. After the break just a hit or 2 should suffice or about 1/4 - 1/3 of your previous level of consumption. Also, random breaks are good.

10. Yeah its pretty normal, in the beginning when i first started smoking i was hitting up taco bell and eating all my parents food almost every day, but it eventually fell off... I still get hungry sometimes after smoking like... 2-3 Blunts...

Try to pick a certain food that you like to eat while baked and dont eat it when ur not baked.

My personal favorite is BBQ potato chips.

GL man :D

11. thanks for all the helpful comments. I also used to get chronic munchies when I first began blazing, but slowly over time I have noticed that even after I smoke I dont get as hungry as I used to.

12. Usually when i have a loss of appetite, i will eat numerous small meals during the day, i figured this will stimulate the production of enzymes (amylase, protease etc) which break down food and leave you wanting more.

Also try buying some new food, having the same old food over and over again bores me to death.

13. I suaully have no appetite after I smoke. However, when I start to come down, I get the super munchies. Like Donner Party, eat-my-hand hungry.