Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Loss of appetite when not smoking.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by tightlyrolledj, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Hello GC. I have been smoking for about 4 years now, 1 year of daily smoking. Lately I can't eat as much as I used to when I'm sober, which isn't a terrible thing I suppose since I'm losing weight. But does anyone else have this problem?

2. Hey man, I've toked it every day for the last two years and then in June I had to take a 3 day break right before some surgery. I literally didn't eat for almost that entire time. My appetite started coming back right at the end but then my surgery killed it, and then after that I was able to get high again so it came back for good. But the moral is, it takes a bit but your appetite WILL come back after a while if you take a break from the ganja.:smoking:

3. Hey man, ive been smoking for about 2 years daily now and i just started to notice my loss of appetite while im sober too. I feel if i eat something, my stomach will hurt even more. I honestly thought i was the only one. lol

4. i noticed that i gain weight when im not smoking. im constantly bored so i constantly eat. when im high i pretty much only smoke when im high, which is only once in the morning and again at night most days.

5. yah well ive smoked everyday high hahah and i gotta be sober for 2 weeks.

so im in the same situation.

youll get over it after 4 or 5 days

cant sleep , and can only eat like once a day :mad:

6. I have no appetite when I'm sober.

7. i never paid attention to my appetite. im hungry when im high though. im not hungry right now. and i haven't ate since this morning. wth

8. I barely eat anymore when I don't get high. My mom thinks I have been doing some drinking its so bad. She says that it can't be pot because pot increases appetite, hahaah.

9. It has to do with your tollerence. your body gets used to having somthing else tell it when its hungry, so when thats gone your body gets all confused. It goes away though dont worry

10. It comes back after a little while, I don't eat when im high really, it always just completly kills my high and I don't think its worth it unless I have some bomb ass food to munch out again.. I prob only eat when I have the munchies 3 times a month.. And I smoke 2 to 3 times a day every day.

11. I actually don't think about eating too much when I AM high. Which I guess is like anti-munchies...? I don't know, it's weird, I'm the only guy I know that it happens to. But I do love the taste of food when high, and any sugary artificial beverage of course.

12. Same thing happens to me. I "could" eat, but nothing tells me I "have" to.

13. It will go away eventually!

14. The problem I have with eating while sober, is that I think of how much better the food would taste and go down if I was high.

15. I've had it happen before. Exercise regularly, it helps a lot. Otherwise you might a little miserable for a week or so.

16. really? that makes sense. i totally searched this b/c i feel like i'm wasting away! i don't have much weight to lose and i'm starting to look too thin, but i don't want to give up smoking ;

help!

17. i loooove to smoke. and ill probably smoke morning and night. but in between only eat like twice a day. not that forget or anything. its just that i dont finish my meals.

18. yea i experience this every morning for the past 2 years now...and i smoke 4+ times a day. every morning when i wake up if i dont smoke and eat breakfast i feel like i have to puke it up and can barely get it down...but when im high i eat like normall..its really weird how this happens...

:bongin:

19. what about sleeping? do you think after heavy usage it can affect your sleep? i heard somewhere it can cause temporary to permanant insomnia? im only on a week break but last night it took FOREVER to fall asleep, seeing as to how it was the first night i stopped smoking in years. havnet seen what tonights gunna be like but ive been wondering if my trouble sleeping could be related.

probably is.

20. i only get the throw up feeling if im sober and im about to eat something i dont normally eat, sober or high. but if its food ive tasted before its no problem, weird i guess.