Losing friends

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Agovita, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Long read, I'll have a short version at the bottom.

Anyone else have a lot of experience in this? I swear that everyone always lets me down.

First, I have trust issues. My brother blamed me for shit when I was a kid, and my parents believe him, always. Now I can't help but tell the truth; always. I think it's just a good path to take.

When I look for a friend... I don't look for someone I LIKE, exactly, just, a good person. Someone I can respect and trust, not a 'bro' exactly.

So there's this guy I went to highschool with, I've been real tight with him for the past four years or so. We rolled for the first time together... shrooms first time together. He lived with me for a while. I mean, pretty much best friends.

A month ago he tried to take advantage of my roommate/best friend/ex girlfriend while they were both really drunk. He made out with her and felt her up. If she wasn't on her period, he would have fucked her. We were a trio.... we always all three hung out together.

While this was happening I was at a different party nearby, got bad vibes, came over (i have a key) and let myself in his room, purely on a hunch. I walked in, he had a guilty look on his face. I carried her home, around a mile; she couldn't stop sobbing long enough to tell me what happened. This is the second time she's almost been taken advantage of, and the second time I've 'saved' her. This is how we met actually.

Now, it comes out that she is NOT the first girl he's done this too... in fact, at least three of my other friends, and five other girls I know. :(

I cannot trust or respect him any more... I'm so disappointed. I feel like my best friend turned into a complete scum bag in the past four months or so. We were good friends... and I gave it a lot of time to try and forgive him, but it's just not happening. I'm as pissed right now as I was a month ago. I still want to throw this guy off a balcony. I mean, fuming. The last time I was angry was six years ago. I'm a gentle giant... but man, my blood is boiling. :mad:

People who take advantage of girls, and use alcohol as an excuse... I will fucking hunt you down if I hear about it; I cannot think of a lowlier thing to do.

I feel like there are no good people in the world any more, with respect or dignity. Everyone is selfish and petty; why GC?

My friend took/takes advantage of girls, I find out, lose respect, have no friends.

2. Yeah, well, you are who you hang out with...And i'd rather be myself than some fuckin loser who takes advantage of people.

Go solo, you'll develope less people skills, but hey, you'll be strong minded and strong willed...And you ain't got nobody to hold you back, boy.

3. sorry about your situation. Did he at least apoligize or anything? (try to make-up and be friends again)?
    Edit: Good idea ^^^^^^^.

4. Yeah don't associate yourself with sick fucks like that.

5. Yeah that dude sounds like a fuckin creep. There's obviously something wrong with him.

You shouldn't feel bad its not your fault. People make their own decisions in life, they know the difference between right and wrong.

You should definitely stay away from him, he sounds like trouble.

6. You don't have any other friends then him?......

7. his a guy that uses alcohol to his advantage but if everyone knows how he acts then girls need to stop getting drunk with this guy they put themselves in harms way. you can do so much better for friends.

8. I've had a lot of trouble finding any good people in life, for some reason. I mean, I have friends, but noone I'm actually close with. He never manned up about it either. He used to be a good guy... I dunno what happened.

9. friends and sometimes even family will let you down, we're born in the world alone and we die alone. just another life lesson.
    its hard to find someone who's really down 4 ya. like 'Big said
    "its the ones that smoke blunts witcha, see ya picture, now they wanna come n getcha"

10. yeah like my dad said we belong in the "ME" generation, its all about ME ME ME. Forreal though people are just straight up selfish, don't take the time to care about anyone other than themselves.