Lorde

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Danerrr, Feb 1, 2014.

1. i think she's cool. sure, she's not a cover model or anything, but that shouldn't take away from her work. she's not horrendous. 

2. Are you suggesting there wasn't shallowness back in the day ?

I feel like there's always been shallowness of a mass culture but the reason for being shallow is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. No not at all, it's just that now people are intelligent and aware enough to realise the shallowness.

That's a pretty cool thing about Lorde I'd say. She's a 17 year old capable of criticizing popular culture and being pretty intelligent about it.

4. I think she tries really hard not to fit in. She has some good things to say but her age is evident in her opinions.

5. Her arrogance and criticisms are sort of immature and negate depth she may have had. I'd go as far as saying she seems shallow herself.

But ill give her the benefit of the doubt because most ugly girls can't afford to be shallow, unless they're rich.

6. her looks and music together create a little crush that i just found out a few days ago for her. awesome

7. she looks like 40 years old

8. #88 LightAnother, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
    You started OK, but that last sentence is just terrible.

And of course her critiques are immature, she's 17, I think at that age you're an immature human. She's expressing a zeitgiest, just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it less artistically valid.

9. I think her music sucks, mostly cause all the radio ever plays is that godforsaken royals, that being said you have to have a level of creativity to write and make music, as for her arrogance, she's 17, the vast vast majority of us were arrogant fucks, thinking we had the world mapped out when we were 17 also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. I'm not a big fan of her either, but I think she's pretty smart and definetly artistically respectable, I wish the song Ribs was out when I was 16. I remember thinking about mortality every day back then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaeoz_7cyE&feature=kp

11. The last sentence was mostly a joke. Well, at least halfway joking.

Anyway, yeah she can do whatever she wants. I just find it ironic that her personality fits those that's she's speaking out against.

12. I'd tounge punch her fast box , even if she's only 17!

13. I think she's just another beiber, I don't like it.

People say she's a lyrical genius, but I can't see what they're talking about. She writes about people being shallow, yet she talks shit about the singers who paved the way for her. I don't think she's pretty.

14. I liked her album Pure Heroine, but men she's fucking ugly

15. She's one of those girls that look good in different photos. But I'm in my mid-20s and think her music is legit. It's different and it's from the perspective of a teenager, which is pretty fucking remarkable because most 17 year olds don't do shit besides play video games or watch movies. "Team" and "Tennis Court" are good jams.

16. Voice of an angel, face of goblin

17. :laughing: :laughing:

18. I do not like the way she looks but every time I medicate I blast that shit!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

19. does anybody know the name of the song she ripped "Royals" off of?

its a reggae song. I heard it on SiriusXM's the joint the other day. i wish i would have remembered the artist & name of the song she stole that from. i had enough sense to turn up my volume and snapchat my friends that she is a conniving bitch, though. :)

20. I think she pretty cute actually. And her songs are so unique. My favorite songs are team and tennis court.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app