Lord of the Rings Trilogy! How baked will you be?

Discussion in 'General' started by happyfunball, Nov 30, 2012.

1. #1 happyfunball, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    Is anyone else excited about the Lord of the Rings Trilogy that is coming to theaters on Saturday, December 8th? 13 hours of extended-edition Tolkien!

I'm thinking about trying to do a marathon reading of all the books (or maybe try the audio book this time). Definitely going to bring a ton of edibles to last all day.

I wonder if I could get away with a few stealth hits on a MFLB.

What are your plans?

2. Holy shit, I have trouble staying awake through a regular movie while baked. 13 hours? I'd probably snore through 12 of them.

But lemme just say that The Hobbit is my all time favorite story and has been since I was a little boy. I've never been so stoked for a film, ever.

3. I've already seen the movies so many times + saw them all at midnight + had trilogy marathons with friends and family for the past few years. 10+ hours with 300 strangers is not appealing to me.
    I will however, be faded for The Hobbit.

4. George Kush will be there
    [​IMG]

5. Man that is a long time to sit in a theater lol. I've already seen each movie like 20+ times so it would be pointless for me to go see them again in a 13 hour sitting :p. I am looking forward to The Hobbit though. I read that book in the 4th grade and when Lord of the Rings became a movie I was so fucking excited. I can't wait till that shit comes out!

6. really looking forward to it.

i always watch all the movies once a year, my favorite movie ever (pretty obvious from my avatar haha), books are good too.

i always feel super sad after watching LOTR cuz its like "fucking god, life is so boring and lame compared to middle earth" but this year wasnt so bad cuz i had the hobbit to look forward to haha

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prZ4RWWku7Y]lord of the rings main theme- howard shore - YouTube[/ame]

Gaaah Howard Shore is a fucking genius.

8. #8 Faramir, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    definitely. howard shore is on my top 5 musicians ever, lotr soundtrack is some of the best music ive ever heard

the emotional impact of the music is unmatched "tears everytiem" kind of shit haha

9. Wait, is this movie actually 13 hours? =O
    Edibles are a great idea man.

10. idk what he is talking about

they already released the extended editions in blu ray

maybe he is talking about a 3d version or something dunno

11. Are you sure this isn't just an event at your local cinema?

I think he's talking about some kind of Lord Of The Rings marathon type thing. Not 100% sure but.

12. The Hobbit will probably be close when it's all done. Three separate movies for one book. Still can't believe that.

13. Gandalf's Lament and Evenstar are my favorites. Sooo good. So much emotion.

And yeah it's not 13 hours unless they have like an hour break in between the movies and even then it wouldn't be 13 so idk bout that...

14. Yep. 737 minutes for all the extended editions, plus each one has an introduction by Peter Jackson, for 777 minutes total (12.95 hours). Plus any extra time getting there early for good seats.

I've never been to a marathon at a theater before, but I assume that the credits and introductions will be used like a 20-minute "intermission" between each film to go to the bathroom, eat, change into a different costume, etc.

I agree with the excitement about the Hobbit.

15. gandalf's lament . . . . . . . so fucking heartbreaking . . . . u heard they used it in a superman commercial??!

oh god yes . . . . evenstar is tears as well haha . . . .

my favorites are eowyns theme and rohans theme . . . . . .ROHAN FOREVER, fcuking love rohan haha

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfkm5aX3YXk]Rohan Theme - YouTube[/ame]

the most epic and motivating song to exist ever.

nergasm at 0:20 . . . . the scene when it blasts while the riders of rohirrim march onto the orcs sieging minas tirith in return of the king . . . . . . . . .HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

16. forgot to throw in gollum's song. underrated track imo, really makes the dark atmosphere on two towers concerning gollum and his impending traitorous ways

17. 230 minutes: Fellowship of the Ring (extended edition)
    240 minutes: The Two Towers (extended edition)
    267 minutes: The Return of the King (extended edition)
    40 minutes: Peter Jackson intros (13 minutes per film)

Is my math off? Looks like 13 hours to me.

18. I would go, but the closest theater to me that will be playing it is a 3 hour drive away.

19. [quote name='"happyfunball"']

Yep. 737 minutes for all the extended editions, plus each one has an introduction by Peter Jackson, for 777 minutes total (12.95 hours). Plus any extra time getting there early for good seats.

I've never been to a marathon at a theater before, but I assume that the credits and introductions will be used like a 20-minute "intermission" between each film to go to the bathroom, eat, change into a different costume, etc.

I agree with the excitement about the Hobbit.[/quote]

Lol costumes... Hella hobbits and elvish lookin motherfuckers runnin around haha. Too fuckin wierd for me. Id rather watch em at home than be stuck in what soumds like it would be a bad acid trip

20. I went to see Spiderman with my family and they played the Superman trailer and me and my sister both looked at each other like WTF? Really? Are they really? Ok.
    Kind of weird they took such an important song for something like a superman remake :rolleyes: Pissed me off.

I still say 13 hours in a movie theater in those lil seats is no bueno but I'm sure it will be cool. I just can't imagine spending that much time staring at a screen haha.