"Lord of the Clones"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by NaughtyDread, Nov 16, 2003.

1. just some random pictures

Attached Files:

2. with these next couple of pictures, i think these are pretty good examples of how much tying a plant down can benifit you. all these extra sites will surely give me a good return.

Attached Files:

3. gotta couple more to post bob, check these out! im so happy with my progress so far, just a couple more weeks and off to flower :) this plant was actually the smallest, shes grown up quite a bit in the last 3 days

Attached Files:

4. here's another shot of her overhead

Attached Files:

5. one of the bushes, this is the one that is the biggest

Attached Files:

6. here's a foward shot of the sativa, you can kinda see how she is still pale on the lower growth, but as ive said she is looking much better than she was, look how all the growth is just sitting up top, no lower growth, looks like a banzai tree or something :)

Attached Files:

7. now these shots are very interesting, i was trying to shoot the little pods, i really need to find out what that part is called, but this one is spewing resin, pretty interesting

Attached Files:

8. here's the last shot i have for now, sorry for all the pics, but you know, its been a while :)

Attached Files:

9. one more, somehow i forgot to post it, this one stem will make one nice bud!

Attached Files:

10. nah all females :) they still grow preflowers all throught veg, those are stigmas coming out of the pods. there is nothing else in there and havent seen any signs of male flowers.

11. ive also been very careful to not stress them, i shouldnt have any problems this round, i still havent made up my mind when im going to flower. most likely will be the 2nd week of december, i would like to grow vertically atleast 3 more inches. a repot will be in order soon. this time the indicas do not get any manure. just the sativas. shit, i dont know whats what lol :)

12. nice pics dred..

ok well i pulled open a pod and low and behold it has a seed in it...now what do i do??

i am 5 weeks today into flowering (by the way dred the pod looks like yours in the pic..)should i pull them...only 1 looks nearly ready the others are just getting chunky...

also only 2 of the fems spat out male flowers, so i chuck them clones right...do i keep the rest even though the mothers have been pollenated???

what a headache, i hate growing pot...lol..

13. Looking nice and bushey! Have you been using any ferts lately? And what kind of soil is that, not allot of vermiculite or pearlite.

Thats a good point about transfering pollen from seeded buds. I guess it would be possible as long as the pollen didnt die.

14. which picture chikky? if its on any of these clones, id wait for atleast another week. this pods look much different than they did when they got seeded. these just have the hair coming out, there doesnt appear to be any type of split. im sorry you found a seed. might as well keep what you have and observe. you will notice pretty quickly if your crop is going to be mostly seeded. all those pods just start swelling. did you take those clones before you saw the flowers or after? i think grO can comment on that, you may end up with feminized seeds.

15. hey grO sup man? yeah i ferted 2 times so far. i gave them peters bloom 10-52-10 since they already had preflowers. i though it may have caused harm, but it didnt it actually helped out more than i thought it would.

16. on the second pic you posted on page 5 i thought the pod with the split down the middle looked a bit like the one i pulled off with the seed in it...sorry i might b wrong..i hope so...

i did take clones before the flowers appeared but they got roasted in the sun..beyond saving so i had to take more a few days ago...im just not sure if i should keep them or not...

17. Glad to see your clones are doing well. It's interesting how your leaves don't have the jagged edges... I guess it's a strain specific feature.

Keep up the good work. :)

18. oh okay chikky, yeah that is prolly due to the picture, it doesnt look like its been seeded, but then again i really wont know until im into flowering unless other seeds pop up. hopefully not. fingers crossed and all that shit. :)

sup silent, thanx for poppin back in :) my friend, your plants may also show the same rounded leaves. i noticed on your thread they still have the flowers on them, your pointed leafs are going to die off and those weird looking rounded leaf will grow.

19. thanx bob...

i have to wait 4 my clones to mature anyways so im just gonna keep them growin 4 a while longer and watch them....all is lost i think, but i know better 4 the next grow....the amount of knowledge u gain when things go wrong is amazing...

dred...at what stage did you start training your clones...i cant believe how bushy they are!soooo jealous...
    did you just pull the outermost branches down to achieve what youve accomplished???do tell...

its good to know that youre clones were from seeded moms, coz i wasnt sure if i should throw mine or not...i guess not...

how old are your clones now?

20. hey wassup all!!??! :) not a whole lot going on, i swung by today and cleaned everything all up. everything. unfortunately the parental units are coming to town and they choose the apartment to stay in :) so this should be interesting. the clones are nicely hidden in the closet, they should beable to withstand an extended dark period. no choice :)

other than that, to answer your questions chikky, i started tying everything down when i bent the main stem one day when it was at about a month. it was not flexible at all, it was in fact like trying to bend a twig. this alarmed me and set me to tie down the main stem. i knew i didnt want a lot of vertical stretch because i want bushes. so, after i got the main stem under control, whatever has grown more than 2 inches above the main stem had been tied down. i think ive repeated this process 3 times over the last 2 mos. im getting ready to do it again, but i kinda want to go into flower in about 2 weeks, so i dont know yet, i might though.

i think i may also repot, ive got roots poking through the bottom holes of the sickly sativa. obviously shes found the manure :)