"Lord of the Clones"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by NaughtyDread, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Its most likley legit growing, like tomatoes or something.

2. yeah i dont think your proffesors would allow students to grow like that, maybe if it were for some medical research or something. most likely something legal. now if you want my opinion on if someone could have slipped a plant or 2 inside? id have to meet the crew running the place :)

boy am i itching to spend, i have the money to go get that camera right now, but i dont want to spend. lol, ill just smoke some nugs get really stoned and unmotivated and then i wont want to go anywhere.

i stopped by to check on the clones yesterday, as i suspected, i needed to retie them down. they are really starting to take off. what kinda sucks though is i never labled the pots and now, i only can identify 2 of 2 sativas. the other 3 consist of 2 indicas and one other sativa. kinda sucks. lol but it will be fun re-idn them during flowering. i have not experienced any other imparements besides the sick sativa i had, which is making a full recovery. i however will have to transplant soon. im thinking of bumpin straight up to 3 gallons for all of them, but i dont want to for the rest of veg because im pretty sure they will not get enough light from the floros. so i guess i can go up to 2 gallons since i have that size also. i dont know, so many decisions, so little time :) i did not enjoy repotting from 2 gallons to 3 gallons one bit, that was very hard work. i should have used some help from someone to make it easier on myself. but it can be done solo. well, off to check the mail, waiting for a package, that shoulda been here :(

3. Yea transplanting big plants sucks, imagine this, transplanting a 5' plant from a 3gal pot into a 5 gal pot at night.... in the rain...stoned... It sucked but at least I had a helper.

Dread to find out which ones the sativa just give them some manure tea and if it doesn't burn then it's the sativa! :D LOL You should be able to tell from the growth when put into flower, if not leaf structure. I guess its still messed up a bit from the re-veg and didn't reach the point where it's throwing out 9 fingers that would be a dead giveaway.

I guess your going to start labeling from now on... smoking and remembering shit doesn't work out too well :D.

4. lol! yeah that would be the sure way to figure things out! :) and they are all at 5 blades now, i didnt think i ever got a 9 blade, i never counted, but 7 blades should be next sets for atleast the sativa

5. I guess it is a hybrid because most sativa dom species get to around 9 fingers after around 1.5-2 months veg.

6. hey dred sorry to but in but i just read your journal and found it very interesting..regarding if you know your buds are seeded or not you mention parts of the buds swelling and if it looks a certain way inside then u know its seeded...

on the buds of one of my plants (bout 5wks into flowering) parts of it are swollen and seem to look yellow along the split down the middle with hairs poking out...i thought maybe it was flowers developing in my buds...is this normal..or is this seeds starting?

7. hey wassup chikky, thanx for stopping by :) lets see what i can remember, it was after the hurricane, so i was around 4 weeks into flower, i lost power for 8 days during week 5. not to long after that week 6, i saw the budz swelling, or i should say on the buds the little pod things. they still had hair coming out, but something stopped happening. my plants were frosting and then it stopped. im guessing because resin production stopped and seed production started. i never ever saw a male flower but, both plants were royally screwed by something. :) and it wasnt a seed here or there they were everywhere leaving me with very seedy bud.

i took clones before all this happened. and the clones were taking from the lowest points of the plants. i kinda halfhardly did it because i wasnt sure what would happen it being my first time and not wanting to waste a lot of time on bagseed. well, the clones have taken and they did well for a long while, all the way up to the first feeding. getting back to that one sativa, i discovered the seed at the very bottom of the plant when i was pulling off dead leaf and retying. there were 3 flower pods and one had a fully mature seed in it. again i have no idea how it happened. there should have been no pollen around, unless it got pollenated from the mothers during the time period they started to throw male flowers. they all were in the same room sharing the same light and the clones were close. so maybe, it did get pollenated, but i guess the question is how will this affect the plant later in flowering? i guess ill find out :)

my suggestion to you would be to pay close attention to them, if i remember correctly you said something about having an unknown male umongst the females? with him in there, its a strong chance he molested them all.

8. dammit...men...lol...

ill do what bob beard suggested tomorrow when the light comes on and pull one apart with tweezers...i might b overreacting im not sure..on closer inspection it looks like all of them (the plants)are developing the same way so im either panicking bout nuthin or im in for a very seedy crop...lol..

so is this your second grow then dred? these journals are great..im gonna do one for my next grow!

9. i seem to remember pulling a pod off and squeezing it, there was white goo. i cant believe im just now remembering :) i should be getting a camera today, but im still undecided. anyways i know i need the pictures and the camera, so most likely ill have some. havent designed any animals yet bob, that would be neat though :) however one of the plants looks like one of those trees that only grow on the cali coast line, dont know what they are called. actually this is my 3rd grow. my first grow was with my roomate, he was from hawaii, and he taught me well.:)

10. okay, i just got my camera, so i prolly went a lot overboard with all the new pics, ill try to comment in between but mostly, its just showing off :)

Attached Files:

11. on some of these plants, you can see the lower leaf where it had turned yellow due to lack of nitrogen, most of them though have maybe one or 2 bad leaf, the rest are beautiful :)

Attached Files:

12. as you can see, these clones are pretty daym bushy compared to the parents. i love it! this one is my biggest, it has had to be tied down numerous times, she keeps wanting to grow!

Attached Files:

13. here's a top view sorry i didnt think to get to many of them.

Attached Files:

14. okay this picture is specifically for all the cloners out there who are still in flower mode. this is what it looks like when reverting back to veg.

Attached Files:

15. heres a closer look at the actually flower, this is where i think the sativa that grew a seed was at in stage when it got pollenated, perhaps younger. if you have been handling commercial weed and start tampering with your crop, is it possible to transfer pollen from hand to plant? this is a question my brother posed to me, can anyone answer?

Attached Files:

16. this is the infamous seed dropper, my sativa that was sick, as you can see she looks nice and healthy again, sorry i didn have pics when she was sick, no camera, besides she looked terrible :)

Attached Files:

17. an overhead shot, i guess i had more of them then i thought, i was a little stoned when shooting

Attached Files:

18. 2 of them together, im not sure if its both the indicas together or both the sativas, labeling makes things much easier :)

Attached Files:

19. you can see how bushy these are, i think yield will be a nice return, of course time will tell :)

Attached Files:

20. more of the same, the stems seems to be genetics, no matter what ive done, theyve remained the same color, changing in color again during flowering

Attached Files: