Looking to start vaping, advice on first unit

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Sirskunk86, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Hi guys, just looking for some advice if you guys would be so kind. Since I found out my girlfriend is pregnant I've wanted to make the move from joints to vape, gotta look after myself now long term . I've used a volcano before (that was lovely) and lots of smaller, cheaper units but they don't do the job. I have been looking at Storz and bickel for us, for mum to use when baby is born. Unfortunately the volcano is out of the question at the min £ wise.

So I'm thinking either the plenty or mighty, but I'm after advice. We not really looking for a travel vape but it would be handy, we'll mostly be using this in the house. We smoke everyday it would be used a lot, anyone had experience with both? Either better or worse or is it more a case one is portable and the other not? Also are dosage capsules and the adapter worth it for the plenty? I've seen lots of people using them in reviews etc. From what I'm seeing it seems you get more or better vape from the plenty but, the mighty is portable. Also has anyone ordered from magicvaporizers.co.uk before? That's where I'd like to buy.

Thanks in advice guys, appreciate the help. Ideally we will have both in time but baby things cost a lot ✌

2. IMO, go with an Arizer Solo 2.
    It gives a good enough idea of what the mighty will be like - and not spend as much initially.
    In the end, if you choose to upgrade you'll have a nice gift for someone or a great spare unit.

I stand by the Mighty as well...just need some ISO to soak/clean the parts every few days if you wanna keep it optimal. Great quality unit, and yes an upgrade over the aforementioned Arizer unit.

I want to step in and let you know though - don't expect the most amazing results in the world straight away, you probably won't initially feel as though it quite competes with smoking...you have a LOT of coughing to do as the vapes help clean out the shit stuck to your lungs.
    Once that's done though, after say week 3...(you will still get stoned in the meantime, it's just not what it will be) you will notice it getting better and better as your lung surfaces become less congested and more readily absorb the vapour. So yeah, expect that - but persevere - you're doing this for a good reason, and hey, some people never go back. I didn't, save the occasional shared joint.
    When you start making edibles with your leftovers too, it'll really show some value.

Here's to cleaner lungs and better health to you and yours, bud.

I think either of the units mentioned above are worth their weight in gold.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for taking the time to reply, very helpful reply. I have seen the arizer solo there's just so many options, another was the arizer extreme Q. The solo is the same price as the plenty for me so between the 2 Im thinking the plenty. But I can get the arizer extreme Q for like £40 less, so for now I'm stuck between them 2 I think. The mighty is about £60 more expensive.

Also thanks for the heads up regarding the change, I have tried with much cheaper units before and didn't have great success. But I have a lot more drive to make the change now from smoking, that coupled with a decent unit I'm hoping this is the time. Thanks again

4. Yeah I usually advise people skip the cheaper units...they kind of give a progressive idea of how things *could* be, but nothing measures up to the quality and vape production of the higher end units...I've come to realise if things like flavour and sturdiness are important, with vapes you get what you pay for.
    If you wanna not end up saying "Fuck vapour, back to smoke" then yeah, keep on the look out for good recommendations - I'm sure others will come and mention some good stuff too...best vape community I've come across myself
    So yeah, happy for others to weigh in - 'cos I'm not saying my experience is the be all and end all.
    I'm sure there's quite a few units in the more average price range that are perfectly fine - and might even be some good hidden gems out there.
    I've had no personal experience to give you on those, though many here have.

All good on the advice...I advocate vapourising whenever I can, I think I just try to jump in to let people know what they should expect and to avoid some of the cheaper end models so they don't have to slug through the bullshit I did in my "trial phase".

The extreme Q is one of my all time favourite vapes. Excellent experience man. Stands right next to the Volcano (my most recent) in nearly every way. The parts are perhaps a little more breakable being glass and all, so get a few spares...though yeah not one bad thing to say about this desktop unit. Arizer is really an amazing brand.

• Like Like x 1
  5. been smoking joints and blunts for 20 years lol stop this madness its the chemicals in ciggs that are harmful. granted the combustion of heating the weed up to a certain temp in order to smoke it isnt healthy but neither is eating a cheese burger youre not going vegan too are you?

6. Bet your chest sounds fantastic my friend haha, I know from my 20 years it probably doesnt :p

7. #7 Mooms, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Hi there. I've used all the S&B vapes with the exception of the Volcano so I can chime in. I also agree with CheebaWeeba about skipping the cheaper units and going for something that let you enjoy the vape like you enjoy the smoke.

First of all I didn't like the Plenty. From looks to operation it was just a no for me all around. Hard to dose with variability, bit too hot, weird added taste, hard to pass around a room because of the cord, feels like you're sucking on a power tool. No thank you. The only bonus is that its always ready to roll since you can plug it in.

I've also used the Mighty and the Crafty as my dedicated desktop units instead of portables and I really like them both. The Crafty+ is definitely my all time favorite vaporizer despite the issues I've had with their units. Excellent pull with good air flow, not too hot, and you get some amazing flavor on that first pull. Its good at getting an even burn on your herb as long as you don't pack too tight. The battery life is good for several multi-person session on the Crafy+, though I'm sure the Mighty is better. Heat up time is acceptable too. Edit: This may not matter to you, but when I host parties with mixed company I find my friend's prefer sharing a portable vape that's relatively discreet and normal looking vs breaking out something like the Plenty that screams "Drug paraphernalia!"

The Mighty is virtually the same unit with an extra battery but I still prefer the Crafty+. For one thing the Crafty has a flat bottom so you can set it on a desk or a coffee table with the top off for an easy fill. They still have a round bottom on the Mighty so it can't stand on its on, and while this may seem like a small thing it really bugged me, lol. Come to think of it, the same was true for the Plenty and that's a desktop unit... come on S&B! The Mighty was also bigger and didn't feel as good in my hand... think large walkie talkie. For whatever reason the Crafty+ doesn't come with the little orange filling container that used to come with both the Mighty and the Crafty. That's a must-have item for me, so it sucks that you have to but it separately now.

Like I just mentioned in another post a week or two ago, I've also had some trouble with their units. My first Crafty and Mighty both had their heating units die on me. Two of the units had the button break. I've had a lot of problems with the USB connectors slowly going bad or being difficult to connect. S&B has pretty much shipped me a new unit every time I sent one in for repair. While that's very nice, maybe just go ahead and expect that it will eventually happen (given my experience anyway, ymmv).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Heeey! Awesome thanks for all the info, glad I didn't go for the plenty after the things you've said. My main problem was the bowl size with the plenty, 1g every time seemed a lot and reviews said the spacer and capsules don't work as good as without.

I went for the arizer extreme Q in the end and have ordered the ddave mod to improve the unit, as I've read on a lot of reviews with this mod it rivals the volcano. That with the fact I can use the base unit as a pipe and bag sold me for a starter vape for a good price.

In time I will be going for the crafty + if I'm enjoying vaping a month or 2 down the road and all is going well. Thanks for taking the time to leave a great reply ✌

9. They still have a round bottom on the Mighty so it can't stand on its on, and while this may seem like a small thing it really bugged me, lol.
    Did you know (not sure if this was always a thing) that you can get a flat bottom extension thing you can clip on?
    The Mighty sits up just fine now, if that makes or breaks it.

I went for the arizer extreme Q in the end and have ordered the ddave mod to improve the unit, as I've read on a lot of reviews with this mod it rivals the volcano. That with the fact I can use the base unit as a pipe and bag sold me for a starter vape for a good price.
    Not sure about the mod you mentioned, always just had mine as-is.
    Very good choice though.

10. That's seems a bit shady they make an attachment to keep it flat :/ why not make it flat in the first place, strange from S&B. I will be getting a handheld too if this all goes well, from what you've said about the crafty+ that seems my choice.

Yeaaah I'm happy with my choice, thanks for reminding me about arizer. It seems a guy has made a full mod set for the extreme Q ha, to help the herb get closer to the heat source making it able for you to heat at lower temps with the same clouds or better. Excited! Should arrive today

11. no cant say that it does. haven't had a doctor tell me other wise either. maybe you should consider exercising

12. Well if a doctor says you're not dying right now good for you, stick with your plan dude. Laters

13. I thought there was a shipping issue. People keep saying UPS and USPS will not ship vapes anymore and were wondering if other shipping companies were going to follow

14. anything for arizer and s&b is gonna work great. i honestly prefer my pax3 above all strictly for the way i sip the vape out as opposed to sucking it out in a deep breath (my lungs are trashed from 20 years of smoking cigarettes). BUT in the end my mighty is the hardest hitting vape and one of the oldest and time tested designs around. the solo 2 sucks people in and the mighty just blows them away.

as for the mighty stand, well after working with alot of german engineered things in my day job (high end commercial appliance) youll start seeing a trend of over engineered shit that is completely aesthetically pleasing and works amazing. the mighty just doesnt look good with shap flat bottems but mine came with a free stand so whatev right?

• Like Like x 1
  15. There is a lot to consider when buying a flower vaporizer.

Heating style, conduction, convection or hybrid combo.
    Chamber heat up time.
    Chamber size.
    Battery life.
    Cost
    Temp adjustment control
    Warranty
    Ease of cleaning

Lots to consider and all these traits can very greatly between different units.

I have a Utillian 722. I’ve been very happy with this unit. It offers tasty pure convection vapour. It heats up quickly and is very easy to clean. It cost me half of what a mighty costs. My only complaint is the battery life could be a little better. After 4 sessions it requires recharging.

• Like Like x 1
  16. So does this mean there's no problem ordering a vape and getting it shipped here? Where do you recommend purchasing one?

17. That’s entirely up to you.
    I live in Canada. I can walk downtown and pick up a new vape and a gram at the corner cannabis shop.

• Like Like x 1
  18. planetofthevapes.com is still shipping vapes out. I wonder if the vape ban is more with eliquids and batteries? I bought a guitar amp that they could only ship ground because it had built in 18650s.

19. @Oregondaisy The problem is the batteries- sometimes they explode :eek2:, so nobody wants to ship them.

Consider getting a desk-top vaporizer- they can be mailed everywhere. I got my little Vapor Brothers well over a decade ago, and it still works fine (in spite of being dropped many times). You can really taste the cannabis because there is no smoke to mess up the flavor! Only problem is a good American-made desk-top vaporizer will run you $200 to $500. The cheap, imported "ebay specials" have been linked to some folks developing chemical sensitivities, so are best avoided. :hide:

Granny :wave:

20. A new Volcano will set me back $800 Canadian