Looking to spend $25k-30k on sport car, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by DoblazE, Jan 28, 2011.

1. MINI Cooper S is a bad ass ride great on gas and you can still smoke muscle cars

2. 2007 Subaru STI Limited. Could probably score one with 10,000 miles or less on for $30k. I sold mine for $25k not too long ago and it had 24k miles. They are known as the "gentlemans STI" as they took off the stupid wing and has black leather instead of the blue crap. Also gives you some bragging rights as they only made 800 IN THE WORLD.

BTW, regret selling that car every day. Had to get into an SUV for practical reasons.

3. audi s4 bmw m3 wrx evo hyundai genesis. i think the genesis would just be a ballin straight line with the right gear it reminds me of the supra

4. hyundais doing a awd genesis next year which I'm sure will be awesome

5. #45 Sunshine86, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    Seeing as how you have a car and don't need to purchase immediately, I'd wait until Toyota releases the GT-86.

6. I think its a Hyundai... Id rather it be any other asian manufacturer besides kia and hyundai

7. I like the work you can do to golfs, get a 98 and trick out out for about 16k.

Or you could get an impreza.

8. guys, he wants a rally car.

you can't rally a fwd golf or a corvette.

i say get an evo 8, and you'll have plenty of left over cash to get work done. or a clean 1st gen sti if you can find one.

9. #49 master blur, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    Finally some sense

[​IMG]

The only sports car worth getting new. Otherwise go used Cayman.

[​IMG]

10. Used lotus elise/exige > new any porsche under 150k

11. Nearly everyone I know who has owned a Lotus as a daily-driver has regretted it after a month or so. They're awesome cars but I would want to commute in one every day.

12. Yeah but if you want a sports car and don't need space for luggage and don't need luxury stuff. Lotus can't be beat.

13. The OP specified that they're looking for something more luxurious than their current car.

14. OP specified that he has already made a purchase and that was a motorcycle so for now this thread is now useless until he is back in the market for a new car

15. 71 Datsun 510

16. Super beetle+300hp Subaru engine= rape the shit out of everyone for under 10k