Looking to buy a vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Towley, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Looking to buy a portable fairly stealthy vape that hits nicely. Open to just about anything. I wanted to stay under 100 but I amw illing to go to 150 max. MFLB is a last resort. My friend has one and as much as I love it I just want something different than what he has. What's like the MLFB?

2. Palm 2.0 by VaporBlunt is similar and high quality. What's better is the Arizer Solo, works on convection instead of conduction (simple way of putting it, conduction is direct contact heating and convection is indirect contact, or heating air). Goes for $130 on eBay for the M107's. :wave:

3. Whats the m107?
    Palm 2.0
    Is that the one you're talking about?
    And the iolite wispr is on ebay for 150, is that a better deal?

And the arizer solo, I was looking at that one but how does it work. Do I just charge it overnight and it's good to go for the day (or until the battery runs out?)
    Is it easy to just carry around?
    And you would suggest that over the palm?

4. M107 is the model number of the Solo and it indicates what version it is, M107 is the latest or newest model out for the Solo. The Solo is considered one of the best handheld vaporizers on the market right now. It is quite tall when compared to the Palm 2.0 and the Solo also has a glass stem you need to carry with it. That makes it less stealthy then the Palm 2.0 vaporizer. The Solo has an internal battery that you charge while the Palm needs AA rechargeable batteries. So the Palm will hit all day as long as you have charged batteries around but the Solo can not be used while charging. The Iolite uses butane instead of a battery to heat the vape up, I think most people would direct you to a Solo instead of the Iolite Wispr.

5. Ordered an arizer solo :)

6. I'm soooo jealous right now :D

7. Very good call. It compares to portables costing twice as much.

8. What serial code is it? M107? :)

9. #9 lwien, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    Not the best in terms of portability? How 'bout, it's NOT a portable. It requires an outboard power source. Being that the OP was specifically asking about a portable, why bring up a product that is not a portable and requires to be tethered to a power cord?

I am able to get 5 hits from 0.025g (6 times less than what you pack into your UD) from my Purple Days. 5 hits from .15gr is nothing to write home about, so when you say that in terms of conservation, it gets no better, I have to take issue with that. There are a lot of vapes on the market where one can get 5 hits from .15gr. Hell, I'd say that ALL vapes could do that. With the UD, you should be able to get a helluva lot more hits than 5 from .15gr.

And regarding leaving your UD on 24/7, that is NOT a good idea in that it will increase the charring that takes place between the heat exchanger and the wood.

On last thing. While I totally understand that posting up FC's discount code here is doing a service to the GC community, it would be better form to suggest that people here pay a visit over to FC to get the code. Afterall, UD provided that code to the FC community for a reason.

10. sorry for being overzealous..

im a tad excitable about getting it i understand i probably shouldn't be recommending something i haven't even tried ill just delete my last message..

peace :wave:

11. I recommended the Solo far before I got it, nothing wrong with recommending a highly praised vape :confused_2:

12. #12 lwien, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    I totally agree with Yosh. Nothing wrong with recommending a highly praised vape even if you've never used it (hell, I do that all the time), but in this instance, the OP was specifically asking about a portable, not a desktop. Ya just can't use the UD when you're out and about for a stroll in the park.