Looking into growing autofems, how legit is this article?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SpookySkelly69, Sep 6, 2016.

1. I've never grown before and am looking into growing one plant in my room. I found this article and I'm wondering if it's as easy as it suggests: How to Grow Autoflowering Cannabis

I'm not looking to maximise my yield and THC content or anything like that. I just want to grow a small, decent enough plant as I don't have the time to be constantly looking after it and I don't want it to take too long as to not arouse suspicion.

2. It's a bit harder than that but really not much. I grow Autos exclusively because I can perpetually grow multiple generations in the same space, because they all flower regardless of light cycle. You also don't need to buy some of the stuff they are trying to sell you. Like the germination kit, just Google the paper towel method, it works. Also make sure the autos you get are stable and not a new type, that way it makes your grow more predictable. With all the new autos out there, some are still trying to get the generics right. I recommend Lowryder #2. It's a fairly easy to grow strain that stays small but produces. That was my first auto.

3. What are you planning on using? Hydroponics or soil?

4. Soil. I'll have to grow it in my room stealthily. Maybe in my wardrobe even!

5. To be honest it sounds like you need to not grow where ever your at, a wardrobe will not stop the smell and the smell even with an auto will be very obvious to anyone thats closer than 10 yrds from the plant in an open unfiltered room..........so if your not ready to get caught dont do it.

6. Well I meant a growbox that could fit in my wardrobe. And possibly using odor maskers or something and a strain that has little odor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ok then build our own with cfls there is a ton of help on here an youtube that will show you what to get and how, you can build one for less than 100, and then get a filter but you can grow a plant that will give you an oz or 2 in one every 2 or 3 months with some auto seeds

8. Cool. Ive done a bit of research already. I was just curious if the article i linked to describes a legit way, as in it doesnt suggest fans, checking humidity and ph or adding additional nutrients.

9. the more you do for the plant the more it will do for you .

10. There is a lot more to growing than what's in that article. Autos are no easier to grow than photoperiod plants, in fact, in a way they are harder. Autos certainly have their advantages but simplicity is not one of them.

If you live with people then they will smell it. Even one plant will stink out the whole house without a carbon filter. With a carbon filter anyone who comes in the room will hear the fan. Keeping a grow from housemates just isn't practical. You're probably better off growing outside.

Don't buy their germination kit, whatever that is. Just push the seed in the soil and it will germinate just fine

• Like Like x 1