Looking into buying a PS3 sometime in July. I have questions~

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Xach, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Hello everyone, basically what I need to know about the PS3 are the pros and cons, and what games are amazing, and do they "Die" like xboxs?

2. PS3 is meh, Xbox 360 is meh.

Xbox 360 is $100 for the most basic console *No hdd. PS3s have exclusive games that are great, and so do 360s. It's up to you for what you want to get. Read the reviews of PS3 exclusive games and 360 exclusive games on ign.com or gamespot.com.

PS3s do malfunction, but it's unlikely that it will. 360s generally do not malfunction as much as they used to; better components than what was in it during that Xbox crisis.

I love my 360, and I barely use my PS3 (probably only use it for teh bluray movies). I also think the PS3 controller sucks dick. The PS1/2 controllers are the shit.

3. Ah, Well I already own a 360. I was just wondering if a PS3 was worth it. I'm a pretty casual gamer, unless I'm playing with friends. I'm already wanting a Bluray, would it be worth throwing another 250 bucks for the PS3's experience?

4. I enjoy the free playstation network and the blu-ray the most. I have one of the first PS3's made old fat one. It hasn't messed up once and I game the shit out of it.

5. yeah don't get a 360 dude. when i got one i was like "YEAHHHH 360s are so much better than ps3!" but fuck that, after like two years of having a 360 it sucks. i got like 4 red rings and had to send that shit in. plus the paying 50 bucks for a year of live.. PLUs 100 bucks if you have wireless internet. it's so stupid.

ps3 is only 300 now and less at certain places. xbox aint worth it man. free online, no red rings and no malfunctions.. (that i know of)

6. PS3 is much more future proof as well. Currently the processor is running at a lower capacity than the 360 hardware.

I love my PS3, never had any problems with it, blu-ray and free online gaming are a bonus as are the exclusive titles. Can't wait for Gran Turismo 5!

7. Alrighty, I'm convinced to buy one, Any games I absolutely HAVE to buy?

I'm into every game genre.

2 games I already know I'll get are Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain.

8. I'm going to suggest M.A.G. . It has outstanding replay value. I have about 400 hours on it. It is also iike only 40 bucks. It is unlike any 1st person shooter I have ever played.

9. M.A.G. is that 256 person Multiplayer game right?

I've wanted to try that since I've heard about it. Wasnt sure about buying it though.

10. Yeah that's the one.

11. Both consoles are great, but with Halo reach in my opinion dropping the ball and changing the series horribly, get a ps3 and enjoy it, with all the shit sony showed at e3 the Ps3 is going to have a nice amount of exclusives. The only problem i have found with the Ps3 is that the sticks are sensitive, exspecialy in mw2, but then just change the layout and your all good. MAGs pretty good, Gran Turismo is going to be sick, and idk just check out some of their future releases.

12. Fallout 3 and god of war 3,trust me dude,please.

13. I played the hell outta Fallout 3, I may just preorder the new one on it. I've never really gotten into the God of War series, but didn't they release or are going to release 1 and 2 remastered?

Also, I love amazing graphics. I'm on the verge of saying Fuck gamerscore, and Just buy all of my games for PS3.

Can anyone tell me if there are as many "assholes" and "kids" on the PS3 Network as there are on 360? Or are they more serious gamers.

14. You want pretty much the exclusives uncharted 1 & 2 metal gear 4, god of war 1,2,3 (1 & 2 are remakes), inFAMOUS, killzone 2, MAG, I'm looking forward to DC universe online and Final fantasy 14 (both mmos)!

15. I completely forgot about FF14! Wow :rolleyes:

16. i love my ps3....if u get an old one they get the "yellow light" which is like the "red ring".
    but im pretty sure they upgraded the cooling system.

17. Ive had a ps3 since the month after they came out. It played flawlessly (except for occasional freezing which all systems have) until i played gta iv, then the game froze on the intro every time. I called to get it fixed, but didnt have a receipt, so i told them it was a gift, they sent me a new one.

Havent had any issues with this ps3 yet. Something to look forward to, it comes with wi-fi (100$ attachment for xbox), rechargable controller (30$ for xbox, doesnt come included, and controllers use bluetooth which is better than 2.4 ghz wireless), when you go to get a headset the official playstation one is 40$ (20$ cheaper than xbox, and you can use any bluetooth headset) the hdd is much larger, and you can do more things non-gaming related.

This is opinion biased, but i think the navigation menu (XMB or cross media bar) is much easier and cleaner than xbox.

As far as games go, if i were you id make SURE to pick up metal gear solid 4. I would rent heavy rain, its definitely an amazing playthrough, but only once. i felt like i got 20$ of awesome play out of it.

18. #18 mattimus, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    Ok here are some great ps3 exclusive games: Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted 1 and 2, LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, inFamous, Killzone 2, the Last Guardian, White Knight Chronicles. Ok a few of those haven't come out yet but they are all awesome games. As an owner of both systems, I prefer the PS3's exclusives to the xbox. Oh and let's not forget about all the great PSN games and PS1 classics.