Looking into a Drip System

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Promethean, Mar 30, 2013.

1. I'm trying to find a proper drip system for 16 plants.
    Where do you guys recommend to buy one? Links would be appreciated.

Also from my research drip systems big Achilles heal is that it can clog, is there a way to mitigate this problem?

Also from all grow journals involving a drip system hydroton was used in cobination of coco, is there any reason for the added hydroton or can it be straight 30% perlite and coco?

Essentially talks and discussion about a drip system would be greatly needed as I continue my research.

If possible I'd like to incorporate a 4 drip every second as I hear coco responds well to a constant flow of small nutrients but what are your experiences?

2. Not sure best to buy but you can set one up pretty easy on an ebb and flow table..as for clogging house and garden drip clean works good

3. are there instructions to how to set it up?

and how do you use house and garden drip?

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imLJD0KpOic]How To Set Up A Multi-Drip Irrigation System - YouTube[/ame]

looking at this, its coming together now, I use a water reservoir with a pump instead to provide the water?

5. That works or you can put them in individual pots in the table..not sure if they drain to waste or recirculate though..you can also look into blumats i guess they work good with coco..im doing coco sip buckets with a controller and was thinking if adding drip or blumats next run

6. into separate pots sounds fantastic, I've heard of blumats but I'm not sure what they are, can you give me a link?

7. how would you lead them into separate pots?

8. Just split them off a main line then you can run them to drippers or rings..sorry i dont know more hopefully someone that does drips can help ya..just figured id point ya in the right direction

9. do you use the "hole puncher" from the video and stick a smaller cord in the hole?

10. Not sure i would just use separate connectors like i did with the sip buckets..heres a pic from the sip 101 thread..sure they have 1/4 connectors

Attached Files:

11. interesting you have a bottom up feeding system?

12. appreciate your help tin.

13. Yea just started it with coco/ perlite hope it turns out good :)

14. this makes sense, the only difference is I'll be using a top to bottom, reason why is because I'll be using airpots, but what do you use a bottom up?

15. seems I just extend the tubing and in that youtube video and place an "emitter" on one of the tubes from the MAIN tube...yeah =D

16. ps, I really don't want a clogging incident if I can afford it, let me know how you clean your SIP system, won't be too different from how I would clean ym drip

17. A good way to prevent clog problems in a drip system is to use a inline "y" filter as shown in the vid you posted. Also if you take the gallons per hour you want to run to your plants, instead of running one tube and emitter I would split that gph number in half and run two emitters per plant to get the total gph you want. This way if one emitter clogs you arn't completely screwed because the flow would only be cut in half instead of altogether. Backups and redundancy is preferable in these systems is you can swing it.

18. definitely noted, however would the Y filter as the video and you stated block out nutrients aswell? my nutrients are synthetic from botanicare.

Also, I plant to use give nutes when plants leaves are paler and give normal RO water when the leaves are too green. My question is do you just change the reservoir? Or is there more to it?

How expensive is a drip System?

19. The filter isn't fine enough to catch your nutes because they dissolve in the water. And yes, you just dump the reservoir change the water and hook it back up.

20. the redundancy sounds really appealing, but for now I'll rely on the filter because this sounds expensive but worth the investment. In general how do you control how much water goes into a pot? A timer?