Looking for transplanting tips

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Djm13, Jan 23, 2013.

1. We'll call this my 1st grow as i've tried once before with 4 seeds and ended up with two, mary n joanna but they failed,mostly due to me i think. Starting a tent with four pots and fluorescent light to seed and grow,maybe veg and a 600 w to cover my 1 x 1 tent at flowering time. I wish that was it but I think this is gonna take some time.................
    Got loads of pictures to give you an idea of what I'm up to.
    Live in Bonney Scotland and its winter,helluva cold, my set up is in the garage,no other choice, built a cupboard and looking for some tips.

Started in rockwool plugs til some roots came through then transplanted into 3" cubes,sat in a heated propagator,no,lid and lightly watered every day.24 hr light.fed with 1/4 strength root juice week 1,half strength week 2 n a drip of grow,3rd week 2ml p/l juice 2ml p /l grow....half strength recommended. Their taking nice and looking healthy,got three lemon skunk and chucked in a uk cheese as its supposed to be hardy( it's the one that's small/dodgy in the photos !!!) good few roots came through the bottom of the 3" cubes so I got a tub,filled the bottom with clay pebbles and gave it the same nute mix so the roots had somewhere to go. NOW IM AT D DAY !!!!!

Destroy
    Or
    Develop?!?!?!?

I've kept my temps at 75ish for root cubes and air temp 5' farenheight lower their close to my fluorescents and loving it by the looks of it, the only reason the stalk is so tall/lanky is because I put em under light.on day 4 from sprout, had a lie in, woke up and they had shot up 2inch with tiny true leaves,duh!!!!!
    But so far.......so so good
    Got a reservoir top,constant feed system and now want to transplant em in the pebbles.

Checklist
    Water...stood 24 hrs,put in water heater...temp 16'c ,added nutes, 0.8 reading...half strength? Left 2 hrs..then ph 5.5 + nutes still.0.8
    Reservoir...empty,gonna fill it with temp nute water and heater tomorrow
    Tent...got intake with a speed control,..out take with a speed control and carbon filter oscillating fan inside facing upwards to shift warm,collected air,all your humidity/temp stuff a nute meter ph up and doon, alga mic and bio heaven,THOUGH THESE ARE OLD!FROM A GROW OVER A YEAR AGO!OPENED!SHOULD I BIN EM???????not added yet

So
    Here are my questions friends,if your not asleep yet,,,

Transplant,
    My roots look healthy,gonna put em in 10" pots with clay pebbles maybe with a pre placed stake cos they're lanky,taking the plastic sleeve of the cubes,of course.,
    The water in the reservoir will have been running 24 hrs by then so I can check temps,ph,nute readings
    SHOULD I PUT MY BABIES UNDER CONSTANT TOP FEED OR MAYBE 15 MINS PER HOUR,ETC and let them soak and drain,
    Last time I got this far IT ALL WENT WRONG!!!!!

Until next time,
    Cheeeeeeeers!!!