Looking for the right strain given my growing conditions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thespecials, Jul 28, 2007.

1. I have a large area where i can plant but the problem is its in my attic and therefore the roof only gets about 6ft tall at the peak, and goes down at about 30 degrees to the corners. I need a good decent strain to grow that isnt too tall. Is there anything you guys would reccomend? also what type of bulb would you suggest for the said plant

actually it seems the growing area peak is more liek 7 feet to the top middle rafter.

2. grow anything you want.

you can always lst them
    or u could do a SOG grow

eh:smoke:

3. ya, you can pretty much get a good yeild with anything more than 3ft. if i were you, i'd veg them for about a month, till they are 10in to 14in, then you should go to 12/12. they'll probably grow to about 4 ft total. you can veg them for longer and do a real good job lst'ing them multiple times.

4. most guys use mercury halide for the veg growth and then they switch too hps for the flowering stage. and you can keep almost every strain short by not streching them and keeping the lights relativly close

5. is there someone who can give me a walkthrough version of stunting the plants growth? this is my first time and im a bit lost. Just explain how its suppoed to work and why it does if you want. Thanks for the help guys

6. anyone? anyone? bumping yet again

7. ur making this more complicated than it is
    grow whatever you want

veg with a metal halide if possible then just think that the size will double basically during flowering so that should give you a good idea of when to switch to 12/12

8. so 12/12 initiates budding? should i put nutrients in the soil or just spray them with miracle grow or what?

9. anyone?? please help

10. Some (if not all) of the mandala strains are heat resistant. Check out white satin.

Good luck!

11. As others have said, you can grow about anything in that space. Sounds like you really really need to read the stickied posts at the top of the forum which will cover a lot of the basics such as light schedules and methods of keeping plants shorter such as Low Stress Training. I too would vote for Mandala. Great seeds at great prices and about as newbie friendly as it gets.

12. you should do your first run with bag seed...much learning with minimal expence should be your motivation this go round...i did, and learned much from bag seed...i feel confident to now fork out bucks for a "designer" strain my next go round...by the way, i planted 10 seeds initially, 2 plants survived, 1 female now flowering, education...priceless...good luck man.