looking for some input from experienced small space growers

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by farmerjohnandthemedicine, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Well this is the space I got. I'm looking to build a divider wall to cut the closet in half with drywall and 2x4's and also another wall down the front of the closet with two hatches for access.

I'm gonna use the 200 CLW solar flare in the pic for the main growing side. it's gonna be a tight fit but I think itll work.

My plan is to hang the light from the slanted ceiling and still have ~2ft between the danger area upclose to the light and the screen for the ScrOG set up.

I want to grow a 3x3 sqaure of plants (9) in 2 gallon smart pots underneath the screen with ~8 inches of room to grow before they reach

definitely gonna line the closet with IR reflective stuff.

Also planning on using a 4 in carbon filter inside the room mounted to a 4in PVC pipe that is gonna be running through the far right wall. on the other side of the wall im gonna size up to 6" ducting and have 6" hyper fan sucking air out and into my attic area. 

still working on designing the hatches and the passive intake.

I had a pretty successful first grow outside last season... just looking to expand my capabilites.... you think I could maintain a fruitful grow in this space?

Attached Files:

2. 177 of yall must think this is a flawless plan.

3. Well here's what I got... for real need help with the doors. I'm stumped.

Attached Files:

4. Youre doing a perpetual grow setup? One side veg while the other side flowers?

9 plants on one side is a lot man. Are you gonna have enough vertical space for the plants in the back? What is the height in the front compared to the back? 

5. Won't the humidity fuck with the drywall?

6. yeah its lookin perpetual... I decided for only 4 plants. Not anticipating any humidity prob with the ventilation I got running I hope. You think i will? 

7. I'm gonna use a 2.8 t5 set up on the bottom left. might add (2) 2.2 t5's in the flowering side as well. The top left is gonna be mainly for drying and storage. I'll have an AC axial fan blowing air from the top storage into the bottom veg. then passive intake to flowing with that air being removed by the hyper fan. all should be well :hide:

8. Didn't see your vents, should be ok if you don't build up moisture in your cab.

9. coolio. any ideas as to how i can fab up a sealed door?

10. Looks good man, I ran 3 plants in a scrog in a box I built in my loft, I have 2 one is 60cmx60cm x 80cm in height, I pulled 4.5oz.

What I'm saying is don't panic too much that is big enough to split in two and stil get a healthy amount of plants in. Go for an indican strain and height won't be an issue. Small grows are my forte so any questions ask