Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Looking for solid advice

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jonny5Alive, Apr 18, 2016.

1. I've been making trim based cannabutter for some time now. I'm pleased with my method and result, but received a book explaining a totally different approach. Now I'm left wondering if I should change up my process or leave well enough alone?

2. Man if your process works for you, stick with it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks brother-I'm always up for improvement whenever possible is all. Let me describe my method-I'm open to suggestions anyone has
    1. Course chop in food processor
    2. One hr. Decarb in oven @ 240
    3. 1oz cheeze cloth sachets to each lb of unsalted butter in crock pot on low with a bit of H2O added over 48hrs
    4. Refrigerate over nite
    5. Drain water and use or freeze til ready to cook/bake

• Like Like x 3
  4. Honestly your method sounds simple and hard to fuck up. I would stay with that. A friend of mine was wanting me to make edibles with her so I may go for your method whenever we do that!

• Like Like x 2
  5. It truly is simple and effective. I typically find cookie recipes that require a cup (1lb) of butter and measure out the equivalent of butter in grams which is 228g. Let it come to room temp from the freezer so it's totally malleable in the mixer and easily blends with the sugar. To dose consistently, each ball of dough is exactly 1 tablespoon usually yielding 40-45 cookies depending on the recipe. This next go round I'm planning gourmet mini cupcakes since many recipes require butter in the batter AND the frosting. I'll post the results soon

• Like Like x 2
  6. Please.. Please red velvet with cream cheese frosting

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ps. Be sure to periodically check the crock pot, always cook on low and be sure the lid doesn't have that small hole to let vapor escape-otherwise the liquid will lose the water and scorch and burn ruining all your hard work

• Like Like x 1
  8. It looks like you have a pretty solid method. And decarbing + the heat from the simmer means you should really be getting as much THC as you can in the final product.

I used a method very similar to yours last night and earlier today. We used about 10grams of leaf, which I hope is enough. My brother and I made some potent green cookies with the butter and ate some maybe an hour ago. The cookies were actually a dark green colour. Whether they are strong or weak, I have yet to find out, but I am sure I will soon discover :).

• Like Like x 1
  9. P.P.S Be sure to use an oven thermometer for your decarb-many ovens don't keep the right temp or don't register what the dial says. A shortcut to get the crock pot up and simmering faster-melt the butter in a pot of simmering water on the stove and then add it into the already warm crock. Then toss the sachets in and you're good to go. (Broken down,it's 7 grams of decarbed trim to each stick of butter in case you have uneven amts) I've made 5lbs in one batch before-just watch for overflow with that much liquid near the brim. It is also wise to only use one strain per batch-mixing multiple strains can produce odd and uncomfortable effects. Lastly, I've heard some folks cover the tray of trim during the decarb with foil and let cool covered to hold in terpenes. Happy canna-cooking!

• Like Like x 1
  10. From all I've read, general rule of thumb is 1oz decarbed trim per lb of unsalted butter or 1/2oz of decarbed bud per lb of unsalted butter. No doubt the product using actual bud will produce a much stronger result. I've had cookies made with actual bud in a cannabutter machine and half a sugar cookie immediately went to work for a whole afternoon. Sounds like you guys will have no issue

11. Cut your decarb to 240 F for 40 minutes.

That time/temp is based on research done by PsychedelicSam in the stickie tincture thread above.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Roger that & a happy 4/20 to ya!:)

13. Woah wait u leave the butter and the ground up flower in the pot for 48 hrs thts a little long especially if youre using shake

Sent from my LG-D852 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. [​IMG]
    Had enough decarbed hash on hand so I got 2 rounds of oil started..
    5 grams kief-hash decarbed
    3 tea spoons coconut oil
    1/2 tea spoon soy lecithin..
    Blend and heat 20 minutes @ 220 degrees then freeze.. 2 or 3 more heat and freeze cycles will change more of the THC to lesser cannabinoids and bring up more couch lock sleep aid then a single heat and freeze will..
    [​IMG]

Didn't bother getting out the toaster oven I just used the coffee cup warmer and kept swapping the dishes around..
    [​IMG]

BadKats base recipe..

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  15. I do it because it's trim, not actual bud or shake. It's the whole rest of the plant-all leaves (sugar and fan), thus ensuring all the good stuff is completely extracted and nothing gets wasted;)

16. Hmmmmmmmm never heard of anyone waiting that long

Sent from my LG-D852 using Grasscity Forum mobile app