Looking for social advice

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by m18, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Never really asked for any advice like this little backstory, all through highschool I was literally addicted to a gay fucking online game that I wasted countless hours of my life on which caused me to not care about any social interactions kind of just did my own thing kept to myself. I talked to some people at school no one really disliked me just was kind of quiet. Had a few friends I would chill with, go to the gym etc, didn't smoke or drink at all during highschool. Now brings me to my current issues which suck but are kind of expected due to my history. Last year freshman year of college I would say that I had what is known as social anxiety but some decent roommates that were all straight edge and 2 of them were basically video game junkies as I was in the past but at that point I completely kicked my addiction/habit cause I know it was affecting me in an extremely negative way. Well anyways I'm now a sophomore woth a few chill roommates that have been partying for years have a good amount of friends and both have girlfriends. Due to my past/track record I'm kind of a quiet lid and no other way to say it kind of a weird kid due to the fact I don't have much social experience. This year im always down to party drink whatever but I don't have the ability to carry a conversation or just chill and bullshit. I'm better in larger groups of people and when I drink(off topic but made a fool of myself drunk on a few ocasions, don't care too much though laugh it off and it isn't held against me). I completely dropped the social anxiety bullshit but just not caring anymore, now I'm just at the point where I'm kind of quiet and just kind of different because I have no experience with chill people that party and have a good time. I'm always down to have a good time drink/smoke/ do unmentionables just cause I honestly don't care too much anymore. So basically I'm just looking for some advice to change, I'm working on gaining weight/working out cause in a pretty skinny kid(5'9 125 pounds) to gain confidence and hopefully have a better chance with women down the road.(currently bad with 1 on 1 situations regardless of guy or girl)

I'm sorry to drop these problems and wall of text on you, I appreciate any advice you have to offer will +rep anyone that does.

2. Embrace your gayness?

3. have fun. don't worry about other people as much as you do, in the sense that you are thinking what they are thinking about
    as long as YOU are having a good time others around you will.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I thought you where addicted to a game where you fucked other dudes hahah.

5. Could be part of the problem.

6. Nope just a terrible game that I resent called runescape, Im 100% straight

7. It already sounds like your takin the right steps in fixing this.

My advice is to be confident and persistent with chicks, and maybe try just getting comfortable talking with them before you start getting intimate. Make friends with girls and get to know them well

but really confidence is key and being yourself is most important

8. Deny your gayness?

9. I played World of Warcraft for 5 years all through high school. I got it the day it came out, and I never told anyone but a few close friends. Never had any troubles making friends. You gotta start working out and talkin to some girls my friend.

10. It sounds like you're on the right track! Just keep hanging out with the people you like, and chat with people when you meet them- ask where they're from, what they're studying, where they live (non creepily), etc. If they see you making an effort (but not extreme effort) they'll appreciate it and feel comfortable chilling with you. Everyone feels weird at times, it's just a matter of being nice and not letting your anxiety get to you. Just don't try and overcompensate for being shy in high school by being a douche, getting too fucked up all the time, etc. Sounds like you're a nice guy so stay that way

11. Runescape did that to you.

12. Trust me I know wish I could go back and never have played it, only positive was that I made 2500$ before I quit.

13. I've hooked up with a few girls nothing serious, but I can assure you I'm straight.

14. my advice would be put on weight. I was probably about your size when I was a freshman in highschool. secondly, when it comes to getting with bitches, it's a lot easier when your intoxicated, at least for me. you said u dont really care when u embarrass yourself so if your stoned or drunk or high just don't even think about it and hit it up with the females. being funny helps too

15. Slow your roll on the unmentionables . . . your ass end up on Intervention

16. Nothing serious trust me

17. I see what u did there

18. #18 Mr. Squishy, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    did you happen to play RuneScape or WoW??

edit: didn't read that untill now.. hey man.. don't hate on runescape.. Some of my best childhood/middle school/some highschool memories were on that game..

Until they fucked up the wilderness.. and started introducing all these fucking melee weapons that kill people in one second.. all I wanted to do was become pro ancient magicks, whip and dds like I Mahatma I...

that game is very near and dear to my heart. Only the 2006 version tho.. fuck the new version.

I hope andrew gower or some mod reads this and finds that their conscience eats away at their sanity till the point of insomnia

19. Oh runescape i play that sit then stop during my freshman year of highschool...are you a member lol?

20. I used to be the exact same way. I played PS3 pretty much non-stop my first 3 years of highschool. Didn't have many friends outside of school. I didn't real care either. When I got back into skating though I met tons of new people and completely changed my ways. I'm pretty outgoing now and talk to alot of more people. I'm much more lively then I ever used to be. I think weed helped me a bit too.