Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

looking for my first pipe

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by legoman420, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Hey. I am looking for my first pipe, and I was wondering what I should get. I was thinking of getting a corncob pipe, since they're really cool, but I heard they break apart easily. Does anyone have any suggestions. Of course I want to pay as little as possible, but I'll put the maximum at 30 U.S. dollars.

Actually I would prefer one for less than 15 dollars, but if that is unreal than my max is 30.

2. Glass spoon they are small, concealable, and easy to use.

3. a lot of spoons are under 30, you could get a one hitter, they are like 5 or 10. I got a bubbler for 35 and you get messed up on that shit.

4. what do you guys think about corn cob pipes?

5. I got a nice small pipe for $10 at a gas staion, nothing special but it does the job alright.

6. What's with all the hype about corncob pipes? Glass all the way!

7. Lol corncob pipe, that's something Id buy at the tobacco store if I don't have anything else to use and use it once or twice and throw away.

Get a glass spoon or chillum, some glass spoons or chillums you can find for under 15 bucks if you look in the right place.

8. skip the corncob pipe and go for glass. go ahead, you can afford it. and you KNOW you want to.

9. #9 EMP, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
    Hey don't waste your time looking for a cheap piece at a store that is probably made cheaply in China for mass production. Nothing wrong with that but why not get a sweet piece off of etsy.com

You can definitely get a spoon, chillum, or whatever for about $20-$25 shipped.

Range between $10 - $20 for cheap spoons, one hitters, etc.

$25 will get you a pretty sweet spoon actually and for the $5 extra, it'll get you a lot more. Shipping within US is like $3-$5.

So, everything is within your budget.

Examples:

[​IMG]

$22.50 + $4 shipping to the US - Peaceglass on etsy - google

[​IMG]

$22.50 + $4.49 shipping - Glassbysaint

[​IMG]

$10!!!! + shipping - Glassbysaint

there are sooo many others that I can't even think of them all. Just go with people on etsy, support quality blowers no matter where they come from. US, Canada, Europe, even Asia, all have very skilled artists. It urkes me every time people scoff at China made glass because they think that everything made in China and will fall apart....

Well...have fun when almost everything you own, for the average Joe, falls apart as pretty much anything can be produced in China. Look at most of your high end "Sony" electronics. Where are they made? China, Malaysia, Philippines, etc. where labour is cheap. Go with the times people! You think companies will go with China if they didn't produce quality goods at a cheap price?

What if someone like Luke Wilson came from China and produced the same quality work as Luke Wilson from the States? Does that mean that the China Luke Wilson glass is inferior? No...it's about the care, materials, work put into the product. End rant. Keep tokin'

10. Get a PROTOPIPE.
    Durable, easily cleaned, great hits and it has a stash.
    I have been using mine for 25 years. Pounds of herb have passed through it.

:hello:

11. All the grammer mistakes in you rant confused me on your stance..

12. Grammar*
    Lmao

13. get a spoon. get one 4 to 5 inches long, and a thick one. they are discreet, and they will last a long time.

[​IMG]

14. Get your self a nice steam roller.

15. I'd say just get a nice bowl, something small but thick/durable. My first pipe had the biggest bowl ever, and it's a nice party pipe, but not really good for daily use. Assuming you're not a chronic user, get something with a small bowl that will help you conserve. Maybe even a nice one hitter.

16. Either get an inexpensive but thick glass spoon (make sure the carb isn't too tiny lol) for under $40 or get a one-hitter! I'm going to pick up a cigarette-style one-hitter for convenience.

17. corncob pipe? naw man, go glass

18. Like everyone else has said, pass on the corncob pipe and just get a glass one. 30 dollars will easily get you a nice glass spoon. Get nice and baked with a buddy, head into your local headshop, start browsing through the pipes, and get the one that stands out to you the most in that moment. Try to get one that is at least double blown, so it is somewhat durable. In case you dont know what that means, its just the thickness level of the glass. You can generally just tell when you hold a pipe in your hand, so try to get a durable feeling pipe!

19. this^^^

20. do you guys know that this thread is from 2010...