Looking for my first Oil Rig

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DarkDev, Nov 1, 2012.

1. #1 DarkDev, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    I want to find a rig for less than $250. I like the skillet style rigs more than nail and dome ones. The goal would be to for it to hit as smooth as possible because my lungs are sensitive to heat and I hate harsh pieces. If anyone could link me to some quality glass I would appreciate it.

2. Do you want a heady or scientific?

3. I like heady but I'm open to either.

4. Check these out Vapor Rigs

5. I've decided I want a head rig not a scientific.

6. You're not going to get a whole lot of work for 250$..atleast not a very functional heady rig for that price.(which won't be as smooth as a scientific rig of the same price). if you want a fully worked rig i'd say your best bet is to find a really good up-and-coming artist, and ask what they could do for your price.

7. Check out stevebeers work

Idk how to contact him but he does good work for great prices

8. How much would I need for a basic skillet rig with a perc?. I don't need colored glass or anything special.

9. You Gould get the bubbler for about $100 and the skillet for as low as $40 to $150+ but I would get a oil dome for now they're easier and cheaper than skillets and from what I've heard skillets waste more smoke

10. You can get cheap DI or skillet rigs for around $100. They are usually small pill-bottle style bubs with modest amounts diffusion, however I find that ideal for oils and waxes.

Beware of super cheap skillets and other metal products though. Good ti-pads and nails are made of grade 2 titanium. Lesser quality metals could be detrimental to your health, although I do not know enough on the topic to speak to the specifics. I guess what I mean to say is to do your homework before you buy so you get the most out of your money.

Happy shopping.

11. honestly, your better off with a small nail and dome rig. you should easily be able to find a small nail/dome rig and get a titanium nail for it within your budget, if you dont have a torch it will prob be a little more then your budget after buying a good one. finding a clear skillet rig is going to be a tough search, most of the stand alone skillet pieces are worked and expensive. chances are you will need to buy a small bubbler, then buy a separate skillet attachment for it, which is most likely going to go over your budget, unless you buy a cheapo generic bubbler.

then comes your other problem, my first oil rig was a small bubbler like you are going to find for your budget, with very little diffusion, and its harsh. like 2 hoots back to back and i need my inhaler or ill cough till i puke. of all the oil rigs me and my buddy have and use on a daily basis, the DG fritted disc tubes are the only pieces we can hit that is never harsh and doesnt hurt my or his lungs after a hoot or 2. i have a bigger DG tube, he has a smaller one, but they are way out of your price range, like almost double it. might be a better idea to save up for something nice then buy a low price starter rig if harsh hits is an issue for you.