Looking for help starting a micro grow in my closet.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bacon42O, Apr 18, 2012.

1. I live in a studio and I have a closet that is 2 feet long, 5 foot wide, and 9 foot tall. I am looking to grow at the most three plants. I need advice on everything.

What lights should I use, what type of ventilation to use and how to install it, should I use soil or grow with hydroponics? What kind of questions should I be asking?

I am looking at the stickies in ever forum category that applies to me and I am learning some valuable information but I am starting to get over whelmed with data and would really like some help, some type of direction setting me on the right path.

2. Considering that you don't even know the questions the ask, you need to do some research for yourself. Nobody in here can grow for you. The only way you can grow is if YOU know everything in your head.

Check this out!

3. Start with how much you want to harvest. 1oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, 1 lb? Decide that, then start looking at lights that will produce that weight. Then look into extractor fans powerful enough to cool your light (more is better here).

There's a lot of info out there, but if you stay focused on what YOU want to do you'll be fine. Don't do something just because somebody else does it, educate yourself about WHY they're doing it.

4. that was a cool link how u do that?

5. that post from not sure was the right first question. first decide what you end game is. that will determion what lights to buy which affects what ventalation gear to buy. I do suggest siol first mate. lot less to get your head around. I am new too and i tried both and soil was much easier. you have a nice tall closet so even sativas can go in there. if you are in apartments then heat build up will be a little bit of an issue as u can not put holes in the walls and blow the heat in there... T5 or big CFL s maybe? and if u want only 2 - 4 plants then big 5 gallon buckets for sure give the plant lots of room to grow