looking for good TV for gaming

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by THCandroid, Nov 15, 2011.

1. hey,
    I have been looking at some TV's lately at my local wal-mart. I heard that they now do lay away and was thinking about putting a decent TV on lay away so i can make small payments of a few hundred each time... but the choices, wow.

I am not looking for a 3D TV (my roomie who just moved out has a 55" 3D TV and we never used the 3D really). I was looking at a few 55"-60" sets, some bundle packages they have with home theatre systems come at good prices.

Anyone have any preffered brands? Any TV's I should try and stay away from? I hear that the 240Hz have a little bit of motion blur if your playing games and thats usually what im doing.

was thinking something along the lines of this?
    55" LG LED-LCD HDTV, 1080p 120Hz HDTV, 55LV4400 - Walmart.com

sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i couldn't find anywhere else to put it, and im buying this primarily for gaming (just scooped a PS3) and figured maybe you guys would know more about 120Hz compared to 240Hz, brands, and all that jazz :smoke:

2. I got a 32' vizio for my room. It's wall mounted above my desk and it's 1080p for only around 450 If I remember correctly, I like it, it doesn't give that wired super hi def look that hurts my eyes, but it is noticeably better than my other tv. Only bad thing is the standard def channels don't render perfectly into 1080 hi def. No biggie i can't even notice it now.

Biggest plus... The mute feature let's you change the volume in mute mode!!!!!

I enjoy it. I'll probably upgrade to a more name brand next year,

3. if u hav the money go with samsung or sony if not go with vizio.

4. You cannot go wrong with an Insignia, my friend. I bought mine about a year ago, it's treated me wonders. I suggest Insignia to all of those who are curious on which brand TV to look at. I'm positive you will be pleased with the quality and beautiful picture.

I did a little searching, I found a 55" with solid reviews. I'd take a look at this one, OP.

-Insignia™ - 55" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LCD HDTV

Insigniaâ„¢ - 55" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LCD HDTV - NS-55L780A12

I can assure you that the 8 ms response time will improve your game drastically.

Good luck! Hope I could help!