Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for certain strain recommendations

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WeedNotDrugs, Oct 20, 2012.

1. I'm a CA Medical MJ Patient, I've suffered from serious depression from the past but weed has kept me at bay, seasoned toker.
    As for my question: Is there any specific strains you would possibly recommend for the more spacey/hazey or a more psychedelic high? I'm talking strains that seem a little more heady then the rest.
    As far as strains that have given me the exact feel that I'm talking about:
    Girl Scout Cookies, Cherry Pie, Snocap.
    Just looking for a couple more to test out before I start growing.

2. Sativa or any bud with high thc content are good for depression. Looks like you want a body high to, so pick yourself up a sativa dominant hybrid and you should be cool. No recs for any though, 90%\tof the time I smoke indica as they treat my health issues better

3. Thanks appreciate the answer, I just feel like some strains give me a more psychedelic effect then others. Girl Scout Cookies had my mind on the run and the Super Silver Haze didn't have quite the same effects I was looking for. THC % was similar for both (ranged around 22%). I guess to say I'm looking for strains with the top effect being the uplifting feeling.

4. try head band

5. #5 Powerful6, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
    Don't look at just Sativa or Indica. That is simply referring to the plants genetics--not necessarily the high. Albeit there are stereotypes of the two subtypes that sometimes are true--however; I've had some heady indicas and some couch locked sativas that broke the mold so to speak.

Look at the individual cannabinoids of the plant being smoked.

THC and CBC would be good cannabinoids to look for. although not psychoactive, CBC potentiates THC w/o neg effects like THCV. If you want that 'one hitter quitter' feeling --look for THCV which brings the THC on faster and stronger--but THCV causes the high to wear off more quickly if its too high %

For me, Sour Diesel, Chemdawg and Trainwreck would be the way to go.

6. Sour D, Chiesel, Cindy 99 to name a few... Those are like soaring Sativas but something more hybrid would be UK Cheese. Hope that helps!

7. C99...cinderella.
    Jack herer maybe?