looking for better yields

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by txbud997, Jun 29, 2018.

1. so the best yield dried I have gotten from one plant (autoflower) is close to an ounce.

I've grown northern lights, white widow and short ryder auto.

doing everything I have read about to grow correctly in soil. And I have an hlg 260w.

what do you all get per auto plant? Short of growing on a very large scale

2. Switch to hydro growing methods. Buy some promix hp or sunshine promix 4 with 20% extra perlite and some fabric pots.

There's lots of methods to try with nutrients. Personally if I wanted to keep it simple I would buy a bag of GH maxibloom dry and feed that at 1/4tsp a gallon to start. Add some nectar for the gods demeters destiny liquid calcium and I think that's about all you need for healthy plants. Keep the calcium supplement in the fridge. It's milk based and goes bad fast at warm room temps.

When I run 4 plants per 4x4 flower area my average is probably 6oz's a plant.

3. For autos the best genetics are mephisto seeds as far as I've heard. They specialize in autos. I want some actually. Haven't ordered yet.
    Mephisto Genetics

4. You have to give details of what uv are doing now in order to get constructive criticism.

5. Firstb off...why autos?

6. I've never run auto's and I'm not a highly experienced grower either so take this with a grain of salt. I think you should switch from auto's to photo period plants. You can make mistakes with photo period plants in veg and it won't fuck your yield, do that with an auto and it's gone to shit. Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. don't think i can control the light and heat well enough

8. Ty for your candor but if you cannot control the very basics of light, temps, water, your yields will always be low auto or not. Get those parameters under good control then you can work on soil or hydro techniques.. Fhopes182 made a good point also.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Training will increase your yields.
    Please explain. Why would it be harder to control the light and heat with a photo, rather than an auto?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would think with autos controlling the light has a little bit more leeway as compared to photo's where there is little to no room for error.

Heat is the big one. zipping up the tent even with the 260w hlg and an exhaust fan at full power the temps get too high into the 80's.

11. You have to have your program dialed in for autos, as their clock starts ticking the moment you wet that seed. Any mistake, large or small, will affect yield. With photos, you can veg longer, top, fim, and train for a wide, flat canopy. You can also make mistakes, and allow extra veg time to recover. There are some tried and true auto growers on here (I have never cracked an auto seed) that may be able to offer some tips on maximizing your yield. My advice is to get some feminized photos and start learning the art of plant training to maximize yields. If you want to talk growing in coco, I’ll help you as much as I can, as I’m sure some of the other guys that commented here will as well. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 82 is about what I run my flower tent at. Is your exhaust fan piped to the outside? Too high of temps will screw up your yield every time.

13. a o from an auto is not bad for a greenhorn. but not great. just run a few more plants and you know what to expect. or upgrade your equipment.

14. I get 1/2 to 3/4 LB from an auto. I grow in coco with a drip feed system drain to waste.

The key is not do ANYTHING that slows it's growth in the first 4 or 5 weeks. Don't top it. Make sure that you're nutes are mixed right, don't overfeed or overwater. I also use 5 gal smart pots. Stay on top of pH and EC testing and keep everything in range. IMG_0211.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. There is a lot of truth to what he said. I love the appeal of autos and if you know what you are doing then you can benefit greatly from autos....and often. Not much room for error though.

Current Autoflower Grow

New 3x C4 Auto Grow

• Like Like x 1
  16. The not much room for error is exactly why I haven't run auto's yet, I honestly don't think I have the skill that is needed to make them produce.

17. You’ll still get decent twirled if the genetics are good. I’d recommend going with Mephisto genetics - or Fast Buds. I made a lot of mistakes on my purple bullet auto but she is still going to yield pretty decent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Current Autoflower Grow

New 3x C4 Auto Grow

18. Decent? Hell that thing looks ridiculous!

thanks for all the advice gentleman.

typically i'm trying to keep the temp at 80 max if possible. Can't vent outside so have to make due.

• Like Like x 1