Looking for answers..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by monvrch, Feb 15, 2019.

1. That is ideal. I would not bother with an RO system. Your ppm is lower then some people get coming out of their ro setup. Average tap water ppm in the US is about 220-250. Most nutrients schedules are made to match with that level of ground source ppm minerals. If your water is lower you may need to feed more cal/mag in particular because that is one of the main minerals that ground source water supplies. I have to feed at least twice as much cal/mag as most people because I use rainwater. It has no ground minerals in it. It actually reads 0 on the meter.

2. I just tested the water I purchase and it's 2-3 PPM.. Wouldn't putting an RO system on 80 PPM tap bring it close to 0? And couldn't the 80 PPM change day by day? And is there any way that you know of to see exactly what the PPM is whether it be calcium or fluoride.

3. It most likely won't fluctuate more then a little. It won't hurt to run an RO system but some have found that they poo-poo'd their tap water only to find out later it works just fine. 80ppm is as good as it gets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I'll take your word for it then.. You may have just saved me $200.

5. If you're using AN ph perfect nutrients like you are you won't have to worry about feed ph even but if you stray to another brand you'll have to correct that 7.7 from the tap before feeding with a few drops of ph down.

6. I have to correct the PH every time anyway being as though the PH Perfect formula makes it 5.8 which is perfect for hydro, not so much for soil though. I always have to PH Up to 6.6ish.

7. Morning stretch. Today I added an air scrubber to the equation because the smell was getting quite potent for veg phase. I also gave them a little drink of some blood meal infused RO water. Will report back on if that helped the yellowing at all.

Took a couple pics of the stretch and some side branching. Enjoy!

Gr0p08.jpg Gr0p09.jpg Gr0p10.jpg Gr0p11.jpg

8. A little update..

It's hard to tell in the pics, but the added nitrogen is starting to help with the yellowing of the leaves only after 2 days over 1 feeding. I was thinking about top feeding with some more blood meal probably during their next feeding. Added CalMag to the nutrient mix also, so that should help with the nitrogen as well.

Gr0p12.jpg

9. Another update and another question. I know the grow phase isn't as interesting as the bloom phase, but I would still appreciate some advice and/or criticism for my first grow. This is becoming kind of a grow log for me.

Tonight I plan on giving them another boost of Nitrogen. Not yet sure if I'm gonna give them another full feeding or just plain water. Any recommendations?

Also, how long does it look before I should flip to Flower phase? I'm thinking about 3 more weeks, but like I said.. I'd appreciate some advice and suggestions.

Gr0p13.jpg Gr0p14.jpg

10. Is it common to get pistils during veg cycle?

11. Pre-Flower Pistils are showing.

Gr0p15.jpg

12. All 3 are showing pre-flower pistils now. Growing bushier everyday. Would like some suggestions on defoliating. Would it be a wise choice at this point or should I wait until right before flower?

Gr0p16.jpg Gr0p17.jpg Gr0p18.jpg

13. I use AN.

Water out of my tap is usually 15-20ppm with 7.7-8.0ph

add my AN A & B, 15mins later, ph is hovering at 6.0

It hangs in there all week creeping up because of airation. never over 6.5 tho

cheers

14. Isn't 6 kinda low for my grow? Are you doing soil or hydro?

15. i'm in coco.

i didn't think ph mattered with soil... ? mabad

16. Right when I thought I was in the clear.. I get hit with another issue. Can anybody tell me what the issue could be?

Gr0p19.jpg Gr0p20.jpg Gr0p21.jpg Gr0p22.jpg Gr0p23.jpg Gr0p24.jpg Gr0p25.jpg Gr0p26.jpg

17. A little update. Got a little yellowing and browning on the tips of one. Not sure if it's too much nutes or not enough. On the other hand the hydro plant is taking off. Fan leaves are probably 5x bigger than the soil plants. Might just do all hydro next round.

Gr0p27.jpg Gr0p28.jpg Gr0p29.jpg Gr0p30.jpg Gr0p31.jpg Gr0p32.jpg

18. The first 3 were put in the Bloom Tent a few weeks ago and switched to 12/12 lighting. Started Bloom nutes a few days ago. Everything is going good with them.
    I'm having an issue with the one in the hydro bubbler though. It's worked it's way up to full strength nutrients but for some reason looks like it's still deficient of something.

Other than that, can you believe that these 3 plants all sprouted together. The hydro is completely dwarfing the other 2 in soil.

Can someone tell me what this problem could be?

Gr0p33.jpg Gr0p34.jpg Gr0p35.jpg Gr0p36.jpg

19. Didn't read through all your comments so pardon anything i ask that encourages redundancy. The plant in question is in hydro setup... are you supplementing calmag that has other trace elements like iron? Are u using hydro nutes with it? What kind of water? And what's your ph.?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Jus noticed this is like 2 months old. Dunno why it came up under suggested.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Grasscity Forum mobile app