Looking for answers..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by monvrch, Feb 15, 2019.

1. I had an issue earlier in my grow that I have since corrected. But, I do not know how i corrected it lol. 3 White Widows from seed were growing just fine for 2 weeks before completely stunting and yellowing and browning. Had them in Fox Farm Ocean Forrest and had been feeding them only Fox Farm Bush Doctor and Molasses. Later on I introduced URB and things only got worse.

Please let me know if you know what is happening here so I can prevent it from happening again.

Gr0p01.jpg
    Gr0p02.jpg
    Gr0p03.jpg

2. Looks like you're having ph problems and also signs of little nitrogen which could be from feeding too little or lockout, also some other deficiencies in play here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fox farms bush doctor and molasses have very little actual plant nutrition in them. Bush doctor is a root microbe supplement. That plant is starving. You have severe deficiencies on almost everything.

Get a ph test kit and make sure your feed is 6.3 or so. Get something with a balanced NPK profile. An all in one easy bottle like General Hydroponics flora nova bloom or GH maxibloom dry. Start at 30% percent recommended strength on the bottle and work your way up to 50-70% recommended if the plant can take it.

Next time mix the fox farms soil with about 25% perlite. It will most likely come back if you start to feed it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 monvrch, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    I have since switched to PH Perfect Sensi Grow and supplemented with Voodoo Juice and B-52. They have completely turned around and it's only been a week. I just wanted to pinpoint the issue so it didn't happen again in the future.

My plan was to have a fully organic grow but my super soil mix wasn't finished cooking before this all had happened. Being as though this is my first grow, now I'm wondering if this will happen again with the super soil.

I got scared when this was happening a week ago and hurried and germinated 3 more (6 total). I got 1 in a hydro bubbler system with quarter strength nutrients and the other 2 in regular soil only feeding them RO water until they get a little older

5. Basically not feeding enough is the problem. If you want to do the super soil method you have to made it very rich and top dress to avoid deficiencies later in the grow.

You should get the other part of the sensi series. Having just grow is going to cause you issues with not having enough p&k. You should be running roughly double the amount of potassium and phosphorus compared to nitrogen. 1:2:2 ratio for NPK works quite well for bottle feeding cannabis. It's the foundation of the lucas formula. If you expand on that ratio 4-8-8 or 5-10-10 are that same ratio.

• Like Like x 1
  6. What's the other part of the Sense Series? I have Sensi Grow parts A&B. I've also added Voodoo Juice and B-52. That's all that Advanced Nutrients recommends for the grow phase.

As it stands right now I'm feeding at roughly 1,150 PPM which I believe is a little high, correct me if I'm wrong. The tips were starting to burn so last night I fed them just RO water. Tonight I plan to feed them the 1,150 PPM mixture again and just constantly rotate daily of 1 Feed and 1 plain RO water.

Does that sound ok?

Here are pics from just a few minutes ago.

Gr0p04.jpg Gr0p05.jpg Gr0p06.jpg

7. Biobizz is fully certified organic soil with pearlite you could have stayed on schedule it really is top quality organic soil good luck

8. I'm not using Biobizz though, I'm using FoxFarm Ocean Forrest.

9. Yes when you said yours wasn't ready so you bought ffof but wanted to grow organic my point was you could have bought biobizz and still done organic grow maybe something to consider if you need organic soil again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fox Farm is the hottest soil I know of in Nth America,

as such I always say to mix in 25% perlite even more

it you are gonna be feeding any bottled (sewage) nutes

right now if these were mine

I'd extract them from the pot and wash the roots under a warm faucet?

repot in 50% perlite and 50% fox farm soils

no nutes for 2 weeks after that 50% less nutes

Good Luck

11. I thought maybe you just had A or something.

12. Oh ok, that makes sense now.. I had already bought 8 bags of FFOF and only used 5 in my SS mix. I used the remainder to transplant into my 3, 7 gallon pots. When they still kept declining I germinated 3 more and put them in a completely different soil (but also organic).

That sounds a little too intimidating for me as this is my first grow. I would probably mess something up. My FF SS mix has at least 25% perlite amongst about 8 other components. Today is day 9 of it cooking, it should be ready by the time I take some clones and they grow roots.

I have Sensi Grow A&B and I also already have Sensi Bloom A&B for when the time is right. I forgot to mention, I'm using CalMag as a foiler feed for the time being.

13. You can do what a lot of people do. Start with fox farms bag soils and about 25%-30% perlite. Start the plant and at the first sign of deficiencies break out the Sensi grow/bloom bottles starting off very slow until the soil is completely depleted in flower and you're feeding almost recommended strength. You can foliar feed cal/mag in veg but you want to stop all foliar feeding about 2 weeks in flower to keep the danger of molding the buds away. After that you'll have to root feed it if your water source is low on calcium.

14. I think that's exactly what I did lol, except to the extremes. I think I used the Fox Farm soil until it was beyond depleted. And then I worked my way up to over the recommended strength, not by much though. I gave enough nutrients for 4L of water but only used 3.8L.. For tonights feeding I backed off a little bit though by making the same mixture and then just adding about a half gallon of plain RO water and PH'ing it up to 6.6

Before diluting it I was up to approximately 1,250 PPM and after I diluted it tonight, I was down to around 1,050 PPM.

Here is a pic from tonight, right before feeding and lights out. They are in their 5th week of Veg and went through a good week and a half of being stunted. I FIM'd the 3 big ones for the 2nd time tonight. I also elevated the fabric pots.

Gr0p07.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Light and often is my feeding routine. I use promix/perlite in fabric pots and feed daily about 50% strength instead of rotating in feeding and none feeding days. I never have buildup feeding light and often and I don't usually have deficiencies either but I'd rather error on the side of less is more. Most recommended nutrient schedules are designed almost as much to consume the nutrients fast as grow well. AN in particular recommends some very high ppm levels with their feed. There's really no need to go that high usually. As long as you feed often and with a comprehensive mix the plant will never be without. When you walk the line between strong enough and too strong it can cause as much problems as not enough feed.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Part of becoming a good grower is learning the language of the plant. They talk to you. They just use their leaves color and posture along with their feed rate to tell you what they need. You just have to learn how to listen. Your plants are telling me that they are quite happy by their current posture but the color is telling me that you may still need to increase the amount of nitro slightly. They are very light green but it could still be a symptom lingering from their earlier serious issues. Just a thought. Going to hard with nitro is always a danger so take that recommendation with a grain of salt but they do look very light green.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Over 1,000ppm is too high for veg IMO but you're running AN and they are actually known to run better at higher ppm levels then most nutrient lines so you're probably fine but even at peak flower I don't feed 1,000ppm. I'm more like 800 or so at peak strength. I do start with 0ppm rainwater so I typically do run a little lower ppm then most. It takes me a lot of nutrients to get to 1000 compared to if you're already starting at 250 with tap water.

18. I do have a little leftover blood meal from my Super Soil mixture.. maybe I could mix a little in with my next feeding. That may increase the Nitrogen.

I've been using only bought RO water from the start, but I have never checked the PPM before I started adding nutrients. I'll make a mental note to do that next feed. I'm looking to purchase an RO Machine in the next few days to avoid all the trips to the grocery store for gallons. Between feeding 6 plants (1 being hydro), and the humidifier.. it's becoming a pain.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clean water is a must. Have you tested your tap?

20. I just did.. PH is 7.7 and 80 PPM