Looking for advanced nutrients experience

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by paint_u_dgt, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Hello Community!

I have a question regarding Advanced Nutrients use in soil.

I am using the full line of Advanced Nutrients using Sensi grow and bloom A&B including all of the supplements. I am also using r/o water with a ppm of less than 50.

For example when mixing, I mix by the gallon and follow the Rooted Clones and Seedling feeding schedule. Which has a suggested ppm for week one of 250.

The problem I am encountering is after mixing supplements the ppm of the water is already over 500! I am aware that the feeding chart is for the whole week not per feeding.

My question is.

Should I take that 500 ppm water with only supplements and start adding grow A&B until the ppm goes to 750?

Or am I supposed to mix according to the chart, dilute down to 250 for one feeding, or 125 for two feedings?

Any clarification will be greatly appreciated.

2. Paint_U_dgt, Remember this, as you may know already, less is better. Right now I use about 15 different products from AN, for both soil and hydro. I always use about a quarter to a half of the recommended dosage in the beginning and gradually increase it to about 3/4 strength, never full strength, its too powerful. I use about 33% perlite in my soil, so I water about 2 maybe 3 times a week, but not often with 3 waterings. I like my plants to search for water. Makes for stronger roots and an abundent amount of roots. Hope this helps you. Take it easy.

-The builder

3. Thanks for the reply but I still need to know about the ppm thing.

Anyone?

4. Bumpity-Bump-Bump

5. last bump for answer

6. technically you are supposed to be using ec/tds results for the advanced nutes line. there is a conversion from ppm to ec but i am not sure what it is. google it and that might help you out. as for the ppm's, when I water I usually keep it around 1300 ppm. when i add the shooting powder in it skyrockets to almost 1500-1600. looks like the plants are getting murdered but stick with it and you will be happy with the results. starting at quarter strenght and working way up gradually is a good idea but i usually run full strength throughout the flowering period.

7. I understand what your saying but it really doesn't answer the question. I have a hanna combo EC/TDS/PH meter and all calibration solutions, I have also adjusted the conversion factor to .7 as suggested by AN.

Like I said I have the full line of supplements and Sensi nutrients.

Basically, I mix according to week two of the Rooted Clones and Seedlings feeding schedule found below supplements first and my water is well over the target ppm.

Feeding chart: Advanced Nutrients' Nutrient Calculator - Analyze Soil Chemistry and Plant Nutrient Levels for Your Hydroponic or Indoor Garden.

Am I supposed to add the nutrients until the ppm comes up another 500 or .71 EC on top taking the total to 1000 ppm and 1.42 EC

-or-

Should I mix everything and according to the chart and dilute with R/O water until the ppm comes down to 500 EC 1.42.

8. paint_u_dgt, you may have noticed, this chart from Advanced Nutrients is for hydroponics systems with a reservoir. On the chart in to upper right hand corner, there is an option to change to water from liters to gallons and the amount of water. I think you are going to have to call Advanced Nutrients for your answer about soil. I do hydro and soil but, with the soil I just read the container and mix according to what my plants like and do well with. Good luck!

9. Dude I'm using that line right now..Sensi A&B..full plus feeding program!My plants are fuking EXPLODING dude!!I can't stress enough how happy I am with these nutes.Of course you're gonna get someone downing AN and tell ya not to use it..I say buy every fuckin product you can for the plus feeding program!Then,call the tech support line for CANADA..talk to the french canadian dude(who is very knowledgeable) and he will basically tell you how to use it.He told me if I ever have one tiny problem to call him anytime..havent had to yet!I just took the AN plunge with my growin buddy and we will NEVER go back.And we use Ocean Forest as a medium as well.Don't use ppm or EC shit either..pH pen..and my buddy doesn't even use that.Good luck and stick with AN!!Soil or hydro!

10. nice thread here - lots of good advice!

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

11. #12 paint_u_dgt, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    Just an update..

I have kind of played around with the numbers by lowering the supplement values by 2/3. This left me with an EC of .7 which left me plenty of buffer room to mix my nutrients and get my target EC of 1.42. So now I have just reduced all supplement values by 2/3 on all of my feeding charts.

Gotta say despite all the negative stuff I've heard, AN is working out really well in FFOF soil. No uncontrolled burning or anything just consistently faster and faster growth.

I'm growing some good ole' Big Buddha Cheese Fems, and some bag seeds from some dank. It is amazing how much stronger the good genetics are. The BBC leaves are putting on almost 2" of length tip to tip every day.

I can't wait to see what happens when I hit em' with bloom in flowering its gonna be saweeet!

IDK I'm just stoned my bad.

12. Oh when u hit em with the bloom and change the light is when the go bannas!I have ams, trainweck and white widow flowering now..trainwreck is a tree man I'm not kiddin!