looking for a pet. ideas?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by fraggleYOURrock, May 16, 2012.

1. i hear chimps really like human faces..

2. I've got a crested gecko and he's pretty much the most badass little fucker ever

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. [quote name='"Marijuana User"']I've got a crested gecko and he's pretty much the most badass little fucker ever

[/quote]

He looks stoned in the 2nd pic lol

4. Haha, that's him fired up a bit.

5. I have ferrets! It's a mix of a dog and cat as far as caring. They are caged or can be free roaming if you train them.. They do tricks. They do have to have food every 4 hours but I feed them for a day. :eek: They only need a bath once a month :) There is a down side, they can be expensive if something goes wrong. Most issues can be resolved with Pedialyte or benedryl however. :) They are cool and fun to walk but peopl le always expect a dog :(
    I wouldn't trade my fuzzbutts for anything!

6. My hubby feeds them now :)

7. Get a ball python. You only have to feed once a week. Less when they're bigger. They barely poop, and overall they're pretty low maintenance once you have their cage put together.

8. Get a hallunigenic toad
    or maybe a pet rock you can never go wrong with a pet rock

9. [​IMG]
    I use to have two of these when I was a teen: Get a couple Guinea pigs, they're very social/friendly (infact so much so that it's always reccomended to getatleast a pair). Only need to give them some attention and the basic cage clean when needed.
    Great pets that love to be out exploring/playing with you.

10. Owning sugar gliders as pets is honestly wrong.

It really annoys me... We get them here where I live. They are native animals. They are wildlife. They are NOT pets, never should be, never should have been taken internationally as exotic pets. Its just wrong. Trust me, I know... My family are wildlife carers (sick and/or orphaned wildlife) and we look after gliders, possums, bats, birds, wallabies and kangaroos and it is just not fair to keep these sorts of animals as pets.

Snakes are awesome low maintenance pets. I love my snake and she's very easy to look after. Depending on where you live it is generally better to get a native snake rather than exotic, they are easier to look after with climate and humidity and stuff. My carpet python will live for 20+ years though so it is a big commitment.

If you want you could look at aquatic pets? Seahorses? Turtles?

11. If you're looking for a reptile that's cheap, and easy to take care of, I'd recommend a Leopard Gecko. You can pick up mealworms for them to eat from most pet stores, and they don't specifically require UV lighting.

[​IMG]

Oh, and they have loads of different morphs too.

12. Ferret!! Lil cheeky things that are so awesome

13. Pet goose? right on.