looking for a pet. ideas?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by fraggleYOURrock, May 16, 2012.

1. Alright well I'm looking for something "exotic" (to cats and dogs people) and something tat can be easily cared for. I'm up for spider and snakes and all kinds of stuff. I love snakes so much and want one bad. But Idk if ill have the time for one. Any suggestions? I love reptiles btw.

2. dude you should get a rabbit, they are so easy to care for and are fun to interact with. my rabbit surprised us with 2 babies yesterday and with 5 more this morning. just fed them with a syringe thingy and cat replacement milk. SSOOOOOOO CUUUTTEEE!!!!:p

3. Buy a rabbit and then feed it and make it fat. Then buy a python and let the python eat the fat rabbit

4. Won't have time for a snake?

I used to raise snakes when I was in the Army. I spent months at a time in the field or deployed and my snakes were there when I got back. I had a friend check in on my pets every other week or so when I was in the field, but if your looking for a low maintenance pet, a snake would be great for you.

I'd look into a ball python. Good starter snake, not too big and very friendly!

good luck

5. Get one of these

[​IMG]

Does anybody know what these are called? I could only find the picture lol.

6. This is my barking tree frog, Fred. Their great pets, and very easy to care for. They also get attached, so whenever I'm not home he's always "barking". They sound like little dogs lol

He has a drop of water on his nose in the pic :)

Attached Files:

7. that animal is called a sugar glider, very cute. And if i could right now i would definitely buy an iguana. those things are fucking awesome. my friend has one and when i was high as hell Friday night i thought i really connected with it. lol

8. ehh I have an iguana and they are a bit of work. Not as much as a dog or a cat, but more work than a spider or a snake. Iguana's need fresh food/veggies, so you always have to make sure you have fresh veggies for them. They are well known for developing nutrient deficienies. If you want to keep your Iguana healthy they need a large cage eventually, they need baths once in awhile for the sake of their skin/molting. And on top of that Iguana's live for a pretty damn long time. Mine right now is over 10 years old. On top of that, if you dont socialize with them often they can become aggressive, their teeth can tear your hand up in a second, and their tails are strong enough to draw blood and leave scars.

I'd maybe suggest getting an Emperor scorpion. I used to have a bunch of them, used to raise them for awhile. They are pretty cool to look at, they are only mildly poisonous (aroudn the same as a bee sting), they are pretty docile, they only need a few crickets or insects a week...during the summer you dont even need to go to a petstore, you can just feed them crickets, moths, whatever insects you can catch. And one of the cool things about scorpions is that they glow under blacklight so you can set up a really cool trippy blacklight tank with scorpions.

9. peep my baby boy bearded dragon perfect smoking pets hes a lazy asshole lol he like to pose for a camera too idk why hahah...

and a pic of my best friend chillin..

Attached Files:

• k1.jpg
      k1.jpg
      File size:
      4.1 KB
      Views:
    • k3.jpg
      k3.jpg
      File size:
      4.8 KB
      Views:
    • k2.jpg
      k2.jpg
      File size:
      4.2 KB
      Views:
    • chubcx.jpg
      chubcx.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
  10. Lizard. My friend has a black one with a funny tail, they're fun to admire and touch when you're high.

11. how old is your dragon? He looks big and healthy.

12. [quote name='"NorthernLights2"']that animal is called a sugar glider, very cute. And if i could right now i would definitely buy an iguana. those things are fucking awesome. my friend has one and when i was high as hell Friday night i thought i really connected with it. lol[/quote]

I had an iguana for 10 years my favorite animal I've ever had and I cried when I had to get rid of her

That being said I would never get another one. they need to be held a lot if you want them to be friendly. they need a very large enclosure, not to mention how often I had to clean that cage cuz she shit...ALOT. You have to clip they're nails every so often other wise they get razor sharp. You have to be able to provide a diverse amount of fruits/veggies which can get pricey

Id say get one if you're committed otherwise don't bother because in a year or 2 your going to have a 4 ft iguana (and thats not even full size yet) raging around your house

Here's a pic of mine

Attached Files:

13. dude, bearded dragons are so cool. can't go wrong with a dragon that has a beard.

14. Dude, I've got one that's PERFECT for you. Get a Pet rock. Name it Fraggle.

15. Okay you're gonna be like wtf, but hear me out. Get a serval cat. They look kinda aggressive, but they are friendly and loving. You'll need a yard for them to play in but they can live inside half the time too. Look videos of them up on Youtube! I want one so bad. You have to check if they are allowed in your state first though, lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ^ i've wanted a savannah cat for so long. a lady i worked with had a cat like this and it had the best temperament i've ever seen in any cat !

17. Yeah, I've wanted a serval for a while too! They are so cute and they're kinda like dogs! They just sit on the couch and cuddle you :)

18. Get a Eagle or a Hawk Their pretty much living on their own and answer to you in a whistle anywhere within a 1000 mile radius. So if yo forget your lunch they can fly it to you.

19. get a pot belly pig! there mini pigs that never grow

20. That's actually not true. They still get pretty big. Sometimes reaching 200-300 lbs.

Very expensive pets.