Looking for a new portable vape possibly

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BawaBawa, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Hey there guys! I'm thinking about looking at selling my current portable (pinnacle pro) and getting a new vape. I love my pinnacle, but sometimes it doesn't fit my needs for what I want in a portable. The "bowl" is pretty small and the vapor is really hot unless on setting 1, with the extended glass mouthpiece, or the pong. I have purchased the glass pong along with the extended mouthpiece, but honestly that takes away from the portability of it. I owned a pax for awhile, but the cleaning is what made me sell it. I had to clean it way too much that it just wasn't worth it for me..

So basically, what would you all recommend for me to do? Should I just stick with the pinnacle or sell it with everything and buy a new vape?

If I was to sell it I want the vape to be portable, get me high (duh), have a decent sized bowl, flavorful (not the biggest deal), and variable temps so that I can vape inside or outside and get bigger clouds.

So what do you all think?? I was looking at the davinci ascent, but I've heard mixed reviews so I don't know what do to..

Thanks for looking!!!

2. Check out the S&B Crafty.

3. that looks like an amazing vaoe... sadly It's out of my price range :/ I should clarify about 300 is my max I can spend currently

4. Right now I am using the MFLB and Arizer Solo. I would reccomend them both. But honestly it wouldn't be much of an upgrade from the Pinnacle Pro. I'm looking really closely at the S&B Crafty and Mighty. 

5. #5 LuxSpiritus, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
    The Pax is good.
    Only problems I've had, is it charges a bit slow. Sometimes the chamber gets a bit too compact. Everything else is fine.

I've heard good things about the Life Saber Vaporizer, and it's relatively inexpensive for a portable vaporizer, it's more of a pen and discreet. Don't quote me on it though.(My apoligies, I don't believe this is portable lol.)

The solo, Da vince, The firefly if you want a high-quality.

6. ??  The LSV is a desktop vape that's nothing like a pen....

7. Yeah, I corrected myself lol. I was thinking of a different pen, don't know why I though LSV.

8. lol. Thought I was going mad there :)

9. #9 BawaBawa, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
    Yeah I had a mflb for awhile and whole it's a great vape, I don't think it's worth the price now of 120 haha. I got mine when it was like 75 and that was the best bang for your buck ever! I may look back into the pax, but when I had it it was horrible because of cleaning :/

Edit: what's the difference between the crafty and the mighty? They look awfully similar

10. The one has a screen and the temp can be changed directly on the unit. The other has no screen and only two pre set temperatures that you can change using an android app.

11. #13 lwien, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014

Comon'  Bawa.    Read the descriptions on both.   Hell,  you don't even have to do that.    Just look at them both.   The differences are obvious.  

Don't make me spoon feed you:

[​IMG]

Edit:   Looks like PH's hand there...........;)

12. lol my brain is to fried to be mean right now. Who ever the hell decided to hold my c++ test at 8pm is a jack ass.

That's ok.    I'll be right here to take up the slack.   hehe.....

14. #16 BawaBawa, Nov 7, 2014
    haha sorry I've been faded all day so I thought it was the same thing but I know they're different xD. Well I don't like the idea of only two settings so I think that vape is out of the question for me :/

15. I have a blog post up on my site that explains the Crafty and Mighty, plus a comparison of the two. I just ordered the Crafty but the Mighty is gonna have to wait a bit lol. Both are very pricey like you mentioned.

My top three choices would be the Firefly, Pax, and then probably the Haze. A lot of if depends on what you are looking for in a portable. Do you want long battery life? Best vapor quality? Most portable/discrete? I like the Ascent as well. All of these range from $249-$269. 

Each vape has a little something different to offer so it's hard to narrow it down unless you give us some specifics on what you're looking for. 

It's not two settings if you hook it up to your phone.   With their phone app, it will allow the Crafty to do everything that the Mighty can do.

17. thanks for the detail, would you mind if I checked out the site? I guess these would be my priorities.
    1 vapor production
    2 variable temps
    3 flavor
    4 battery life
    5 bowl size
    6 smell
    7 discreet Ness
    8 time to set up the vape for use
    9 durability
    10 looks

18. #20 gsr, Nov 7, 2014
    How hard is c++ compared to java? im a computer science major, so i'll most likely be messing with c++ after these java courses.

Unless you're willing to go the butane route and get the hammer or lotus (which are amazing vapes with clean airways), i think youre best off with a firefly or ascent when considering your price range + priorities.