Looking for a new piece, opinions wanted.

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Electus Unus, Mar 16, 2010.

1. im off probation and can toke again but i gave away all my pieces a year ago since i couldnt use em. now i needa get something new. i really just want a nice unique looking piece of glass preferrably a nice ice bong with at least one 3 or higher tree perc. ive also been lookin at some nice sick lookin spoons and bubblers at my local headshop JP's in merrit island FL.

so the point of this is to ask any blades in or near merrit island FL if there are any good shops with unique glass pieces. also curious as to what type of glass youd get (bongs,bowls,bubblers,ect...).

pictures of interesting pieces youve seen in the area are welcome as well.

Thanks!

2. I would check out Syn for cheap but good quality, and Illy if you want something that looks fancier. Illy's cost about 50% more than Syn. But, Illy's have the best ashcatchers. Toro is somewhere in the middle as far as pricing. If you want something that is hard to break, get a US Tube and pricing is average.

Bongs are the best. They conserve the weed better and you get higher (based on personal experience and from reading weed mags). They are a problem to conceal. So, my second choice would be a nice spoon or hammer style bowl. Try to get the thickest glass you can afford.

3. I love bongs but neither of these statements are true. The only argument I can imagine for conserving weed is that if you pack snaps you won't have to worry about it cherrying and losing that little amount; as far as getting you higher goes the same volume of smoke from any piece will get you equally high, you can just do it faster and in less hits with a bong.

But in reference to the OP's question, bongs are wonderful but only if you have the money to spend on it so set a price range and I'm sure we can help.

4. I vote glass bong/bubbler. Either way, water pipes are the way to go!! Check out Stone Glass Works, their shit is nice, not too pricey, either. Also MGW, I can't recall off the top of my head what it stands for, but you should be able to find some at your LHS. That's just to name a few that haven't been already, but honestly dude, check out SYN. They're well worth it!! :)

5. #5 Senor Smokey, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
    I think it does get you higher, because the smoke penetrates deeper into your lungs . In a bong, the smoke is thicker due to the perculation. Then the smoke is contained in the chamber for the most of the time, instead of going directly to your throat. This allows you to take a deeper hit. Then, you exhale before inhaling all of the smoke in the chamber and maybe more if you want to clear the bowl. The smoke is able to go deeper into your lungs. By this logic, and by my own personal experience, I feel bongs do get you higher. It also hurts your throat less.

The most efficient part of the lung that can extract THC is the alveoli. They are located at the extremities of the lung's passages. Therefore, you want as much smoke reaching those parts. The best way to do that is to take a deep breath of the densest smoke you can get.

You can get just as high with a bowl, but you would have to do the following. You would have to pack smaller bowls and you need to be able to clear it in one inhale. After you clear the bowl you need to keep inhaling air b/c you want to get all of the smoke deep into your lungs passages. Smoke sitting in your esophagus and in the bigger chambers of your lungs are not delivering as much THC to your bloodstream. You want as much smoke reaching the most surface area that is extracting THC the most efficiently. So, the amount you can burn in one bong hit, might have to be broken into 2-4 smaller bowl hits. But, who really is going to do this each time they smoke. I know this might be marginal, but bongs get you higher and conserve weed better in general.