Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

looking for a new bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nick_d398, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Hey guys I have about 150 to spend on a new bong and was looking for some suggestions. I really like the roor rasta 250 because its simple yet nice looking. Any other suggestions that arent too over the top but still cool looking?

2. Personally, I would rather spend the $150 on a tube blown by a local artist at a LHS because with RooR you are paying a bit just for that logo.

3. Yeh RooR dosn't really kick it these days..id go for a stemless if the price is right? Or maybe a high end bub.

4. Any suggestions on brands or anything? I know nothing about bong because ive always vaped. And sorry about the double post... my phone messed up and I can't delete it till I get back from class.

5. Lol just noticed, and depends where you are really, id have a good shop around first to get an idea of what u want. Have you tryed any different bongs to give you an idea?

6. I tried a couple of my buddies. I think they were american glass but Im not sure. One was 9" and it was ok. The other wad 20"+ and it was too big for me lol. I think I want something around the 12-16" range.

7. #7 Hypoxic, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    I picked up my killer HVY Glass 21" Straight Tube w/ single perc for $150 at my LHS.  And it has some color work.  Its all about looking around and trying to strike a deal, which you cannot really do over the internet.

For that price you should be getting into nice non china blown glass, starter stuff but none the less.

Just for sake of reference here is a thread with a bunch of pics of said bong

http://forum.grasscity.com/bongs-bubblers-water-pipes/1241047-took-plunge-decided-starter-higher-end-piece-check-out.html

8. from what I've seen, head shops sell water pipes for double the price they are online. Ive only been to 2 in my area though. Maybe ill go check some more out this weekend

You know their not wal-mart right? feel free to ask if they can get it down to your price range.  If you are medical most LHS give discounts if you have a med card.

I found mine sitting in a 50% off case, it was marked $275

10. #10 ThaCrakken, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    Funny I saw this, just got home from Rock Universe (headshop I frequent) after my girlfriend bought me this as an early birthday gift. I wuvv herAnd my girlfriend ;)Oh, it came to $80. Brand is "relax". Never heard of it but I liked the look and quality.

Attached Files:

11. If any of your local gas stations sell bongs, check them out. I got a knockoff Roor for 20 bucks that hits just as good as a real one.

It's, Friday mornin, where the weed at?

12. #12 Quarter Chubs, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    I would also recommend heading to your LHS

Went to one in my city called "the joint" and found my current bong on a discount shelf for 60$ off because it has three honeycombs and on one of them a few of the "honeycombs" weren't the same size

3 honeycombs, strong glass and an ice catcher and it wound up costing me 140 after taxes