Looking for a little advice.

Discussion in 'General' started by Cruizer, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Alright, here's a little backstory to help you evaluate my situation better.

Throughout highschool I was never really a loner, but I had crippling anxiety which caused me (until grade 12) to be going to school about 2 days per 5 day weeks. It was mainly brought on by procrastination over homework brought on by fear of failure due to my high intelligence in primary school requiring little work (I've had a lot of therapy).

Now I've had a semester of University which I withdrew from with special consideration requiring a medical certificate. I am waiting for the new semester to come around but I don't see my behaviour changing no matter what I think or do.

I didn't study for my final exams of grade 12 and got a 85.15 (average to good in Australia). Now I have not been studying or going to classes/lectures in University. I think this is an abnormal issue due to me being mentally unable to do NO work rather than very little.

I know a lot of people are thinking 'this kid needs to get off his ass and do something'. Partly you're correct, I do need to get some motivation and actually just DO what I need to do. But I think partly I also have to overcome my fears and develop some habitual habits to help myself overcome this issue. I don't think tough love will solely work on me.

For my question, I wonder if I should perhaps join the Australian Army Reserver for a year... this could teach me the structure I need as well as give me a boost to my bank account in quite a short span of time. The only problem with this is that I am currently in a football team but am not playing due to spraining my ankle (possibly broken, getting x-rays soon).

What should I do blades? I need some advice. :confused:

2. The Aussie Army wouldn't be a bad idea you would learn ALOT of thing's and very good structure as you mentioned, but do what will fit you best and make you the happiest :)

3. Dude, you just seem like a lazy fucker. Have you literally lost all your will power? That's pathetic. Join the army, dude.

4. Thanks for the deconstructive cynicism.

I already acknowledged that I have no willpower, I'm asking for advice.

Edit: That was only directed at the poster above me. Thanks Punching