looking for a little advice..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by demiurge714, Apr 16, 2007.

1. aight so my question is i have 1 female and 1 male plant..i plan on growing both of them and letting my female get seeds or whatever..i dont really care...but my question is just because the female is polinated by the male is it going to produce less bud/less potent bud or is it going to just grow the same shit with seeds..

my second question is about my next grow..im trying to grow 8 plants from seeds in a small place..do you think 2 liter botteles would be good enough to let a plant veg for 1 week(from seed) and then flower

here are the dimensions of the box 26inchs wide 27inchs tall 12 inchs deep im useing 8 cfls rangeing from 25-30watts and i have a plexie glass set up so the lights only take up about 3 inchs and the plant can pretty much grow all the way up to it..do you think i will have enough space? im thinking start with 8 two liters..after sexing possibly move to slightly bigger pots..what do you guys think?

2. the answer to the first question is yes. a plant that is pollenated will produce less potent buds then that of a sinsi plant. mj will put it's energy into creating seeds if it's pollenated, but if it's not pollenated it will put it's energy toward making alot of sticky trichromes in hopes of catching a grain of pollen.
    your second question, i don't know a definite answer to, as i've never grown in two litre bottles. but i should think if your only gonna veg that long and go straight to flower it'll be ok. i'd recomend either several layers of duct tape, or paint of some sort on the outside of the bottles. you want to keep light out of the root area. it's generally believed that light will kill your roots, but that's untrue. light will however, promote algae growth where it's moise (like in your root zone and growing medium), so it's wise to light proof. if you can find aluminum tape, use that, as one layer of that is lightfast. good luck.

3. thanks..damn i guess the male has got to go then..:(

4. if you want some seeds, then just pollenate one branch. basically you'll put an open pollen sac inside a bag (sandwich bags, or ziplocks are good) and put that bag over one branch for a few hours. whilst it's on the branch and before you remove the bag, spray your remaining branches and any plants close by with water. when your surrounding greenery is wet, then take the bag off and discard. let any branch/bud thats pollenated get very mature before harvesting, so the seeds will be viable. no sense in getting seeds you can't use.

5. I've used a similar technique to what ISTANDALONE said to pollinate buds and those buds will produce less. However, I haven't found them to be any more/less potent. Maybe instead of 2 litre bottles you could cut the top off of 1 gallon milk jugs and use them. That should give you about two times the soil capacity while really not taking up much more space.