Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for a Bong($150)...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by fluffynugs, May 12, 2008.

1. Hey everybody. I'm looking to pick up a glass bong, willing to spend $150 or a little more. Brand doesn't really matter, as long as its quality. Ash catcher, ice catcher multiple percs or chambers is all appreciated, as long as its in the price range. I'd like to buy online...any sites or recommendations is welcome.

Thanks, and happy blazing.

2. I have just got a Gear Bong and I love it.

3. ...first of all online is a bad place to start. you cannot even see the pieces in person before you buy them.

second, you will not and cannot find a bong that has a lot of percs, ice catcher, diffuser, big new bowl...for anywhere near 150. one of my bongs, which originally was 150, got marked up to 200 not including tax because i got a nice bowl and a diffuser downstem.

its a triple natural perc lazy boy. it really is nothing compared to a stand up straight triple perc. also it has close to no color changing and effects. probably be 3 or so feet stretched out.

you need to visit places that carry hand blown, or name brand bongs in your area. my 4 foot hand-blown skyglass double perc, was $320, it has a huge bowl. it's not even near as expensive as a nice name-brand bong. you would have to pay 400 or so to get a really awesome, name-brand bong with multiple percs, decent size(at least 3 feet), thick glass, ice catcher, diffuser, nice bowl, ashcatcher, possibly glass on glass, . i mean they work the best and tend to be durable.

if you are not that interested in all the commodities and hype of name-brand bongs...the faded bong in my signature cost 135 and i got a big double chamber bowl for it, ended up 160 with tax. it is the first picture, it was incredibly thick glass, color changing, hit and cooled the smoke so much it was unbelieveable. it could compare with my friends PHX triple perc (not with smoothness) but with the was it hit so well. not glass on glass. one of my favorite bongs i ever had.

but honestly once i got into bigger bongs, i decided it was not worth it to get a small one, so i started buying double bubblers. big ones that cool the smoke a lot and hit like a bong, with deep bowls and intense color changing and design. the last picture is the second one i bought, has diffusers on both down stems. first broke because of some stupid shit, this one broke because i was incredibly drunk, and the third one still stands. the third one has a 2 bowl capability with a glass on glass slide carb that is interchangeable with the second bowl.

they all cost around 125-180 for a nice one and they are well worth your money. i mean i would use them easily five times a day. double bubblers are the best piece to just have sitting in your room.

my advice(with the budget in mind): get a large double bubbler, most smaller bongs aren't worth your time once you experience larger, more advanced bongs and the greatness of the dubbub.

Attached Files:

4. hey man, thanks for all the great advice and pics. +rep. I have smoked many a bubbler, but only single chambered ones, and I definitely get more blasted than a lil piece. A double bubble sounds really cool, but how much of an improvement are they over single bubbs?

Thanks for helping me stay in the price range. The nicest bong I ever smoked out of is my dealers 3 3/4 foot monster, triple perc'd, no ice or ash catcher tho. I think he payed in the upper 300's from a heashop in bloomington(IN).

If was ever to spend that much money($400ish) on a smoking instrument, I would just buy a nice ass vape so I could save money on budz. But a huge ass bong is tempting too...maybe ill just buy one of each LOL.

anyone else?

5. for 150$ you can get multiple, and i MEAN MULtiple things from gorilla glass. They are very reliable, as me and a bunch of friends are all chipping in to make an order. Since your just ordering for yourself and have 150$ to spend, let me give you a little advice. You can spend 150$ on one nice piece, and if you drop that 1 piece your fuked. Or you can spend that 150$ on multiple decent quality pieces from gorilla glass. Lets say you drop one from gorilla glass, yeah its gone, but you have 5 other bongs. I'm kinda weird, when shoping for a bong, if its decent , i will buy it. I dont worry about thin glas, simply cause i am Very careful with my stuff. yeh, accidents happen sometimes, but im overly gently with my stuff and have never broken one thing.

6. yeah but doesnt gorilla have a 10 item order minimum?

7. local headshop was selling 2 different sized PURE glass on glass duffused and single percd bongs for under 150. one was like 145 and the other was something like 125. one of the best deals ever.

8. Did you check your local smoke shop? Mine have huge sales at the begin of may. Buddy of mine picked up a 2ft zob, double treeperk with downsteam and waterproof bag for 200 out the door. Everything was german diffused

9. yeh they do. For example, get like 3 bongs, and other random cheap items that will add up to 10 items. FOr example, 2 bongs, a bubler, 3 lighters, some 420 cleaning sloutoin, maybe a one hitter, ect... you ean easily scrounge up 10 items for 150$...

10. 420 cleaning solution is just salt and rubbing alcohol, dont waste your money on head shop cleaner please...

my glass collection is worth over 650 and thats just for my kind bong + harmonica + ash-catcher and multiple bowl pieces + bubbler adapter

first off let me give you some advice;

1. expensive quality glass is an investment
    2. Get to know your local glass blower, fixes are cheap when you are friends with the guy fixing it.
    3. don't buy cheap glass

i am always careful with my glass, i've only had to fix it once at a cost of 50, and now i know the glass blower even better which means that the same fix i had to do would probably cost me 20 bucks.

quality glass that is kept in good condition holds its value, cheap glass does not.

but to each his own... personally though i like rolling in quality (im not the only one... atleast i dont think I am haha)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

btw; sick bubbler f1r3m4n + rep