Looking for a a job/jobs that have to do with cleaning up the environment and helping the earth?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Bree2021x, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Hello!
    It’s as the title says, I was wondering if anyone knew about this. I currently work as a caregiver for the elderly but it’s not something I want to do any longer as I have done it for over 3 years. I am passionate about the environment and I wanna help the earth, if there’s any volunteering opportunities out there or jobs that would be cool.
    I looked on indeed but there weren’t that many options.
    A question I do have is if a hazardous waste job is safe to take? I would do it but I’m a little worried about the hazardous part as I don’t want to put my health in any more danger. I would be willing to work in that field as long as it’s not too much of a risk to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think you went in the wrong building. This is a weed forum. You want a temp job agency.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Bree you should take what you said here and head down to town hall, I’m sure somewhere there can point you in the direction, or you could call I guess haha
    Nice to see someone passionate about cleaning up our planet haha lots of tips on growing cannabis here if your interested, good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Will tell you this, those dream jobs are mostly volunteer! And the paid ones is cleaning some nasty shit! My aunt is what I call an eco worrier and never had a job that pays well or anything. (Her husband comes from money)

Edit: find a company who does that, use Google, then email or call and ask if any volunteering happening you could help with?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Hello friend, I salute your motivation to improve the environment. There are many ways to go about it. F.ex a lot of food is thrown everyday from the stores. Some people collect this and give to the homeless etc. Thats a initiative for environment.

Another initiative for environment will be algae in different forms i think. There are algaes who break down plastic and those algae might be beneficial in the future i think.

Around here it pays good to be a garbageman/woman. You would need special courses to handle dangerous materials. At least you would need it in scandinavia

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Trust me they are related! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. You could start a permaculture garden and clean and give back to the earth that way and also benefit yourself. Check out permaculture food forests on YouTube.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I like the encouragement you're getting but I was boutta say bro I dont think captain planet makes a living wage.
    That's a good cause though good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I worked as a caregiver making 12-16 dollars an hour I don’t really care TOO much about money. I mean yes it’s important to survive but I wanna do something else especially if it’s for helping the planet :) thanks for your comment though and thanks for all the suggestions @ everyone else! :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Park ranger could be an option if you live around any state or national parks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. put all the oldies on a bus to the beach
    phone the press
    give the oldies trash bags let them pick up trash
    call local govt for donation/hand out/ money

good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1