Lookin for some advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by snoopdog902003, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Hi, I am just now starting to grow after smoking for a few years and I just germinated my seeds. Now unfortuanlly due to the economic times, I dont have money to spend on it really. So i got this kinda big 7 inch tall plastic ben like, its about 4 inches wide, from my kitchen(it used to hold rice). I went outside took a spoon and filled it up with dirt. I Put 3 seeds in the dirt about a inch down and covered it up. then i watered it and put it underneath this light i already had.Now i have a few questions.

I have this fluresent light(its blue) but I dont know if its strong enough or not.
    On the side of the bulb it says 13W 120VAC 60Hz. I have no idea about electronics so i dont know if thats good enough. I have the light positioned bout 2 inches from the dirt.

Also another question, Is outside dirt good enough, at least to grow. I understand its not gonna be no kill or anything, but it should be good enough right?

Also, How much light should it get a day?
    How much water?
    and what does the term feeding it mean?

Thank you to whoever replys

2. All your questions about lights and soil are common noob questions and have been answered in the stickies.
    Good luck with your grow.

3. Think of the sticky posts as the answers to your questions, magically posted before you even asked them.

You have a lot of reading to do, educate yourself on the basics then come back with more specific questions.

4. All im lookin for is direct answers instead of reading whole paragraphs

5. that light gots to go

6. what they are trying to say is, with the conditons you are growing in, it will be near impossible to produce anything you might possibly smoke.

you are going to HAVE to read more than a couple paragraphs to do it right if you want to grow buds (which im assuming is what your doing this for).

7. pretty much the whole setup needs work

8. I understand, Ive read lots of stuff but alot of it aint clear. I need to know at least what wattage does my light have to be at. I also need to know if outside dirt right of the ground is good enoough. I understand the watering process a little betta thanks to this site but when you first put the seed in, how often do you water it

9. just keep it moist