look waht some ashole wrote in the school paper about weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Sonymon, Nov 21, 2009.

1. I'll give it to him that he writes well, he knows rhetoric and is extremely good at employing FALLACIES. But those that know just a little, little bit about the facts will vomit before the 5th paragraph.

He deserves to be shunned for being an idiot, or at least, being someones puppet.

2. Hahah the comments tore him apart.

3. #4 tharedhead, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    He used the word "betwixt"???

His use of awkward, stilted and archaic language may indicate he has a high-functioning pervasive developmental disorder or even schizoaffective disorder.

4. I guess he forgot high school english where you learn that the first, sometimes longest, and most important part of the writing process is research.

5. #6 MyBuddyJebus, Nov 21, 2009
    I hate reading papers that read as though the author just thumbed through a thesaurus.

"Marijuana is an agent that distances the user from the world, from the totality of reality as it exists."

This guy needs to actually TRY marijuana. This statement couldn't be further from the truth. Elitist jerk.

6. haha read the comments below that article there was a ton of comments almost all well written going for legalization. In fact the only comments to keep it illegal were from the pompous author

7. I'm waiting for the author's next reply to the comments. This guy actually tried using a surgeon general's warning from 1982 to support his ideas *facepalm*

The FIRST thing I learned in my college writting class was to not use research material more than 5 years old.

8. give em a break, never even held hands with a girl.

9. the article was quite well written... just totally wrong and ignorant.

10. Someone who writes like that is clearly fucked up in the head.

Every single aspect of that article is retarded, but of course all of you already knows this...

11. Dude, OK, that was the least of this guy's writing problems. The big words just confuse and make him sound like a blowhard, which I'm betting he is. Fuck, most commentary writers are terrible writers though. Probably because thier primary programming revolves around eating brains and not writing clearly understandable opinion pieces. I don't understand how robots can have opinions anyway.

12. He's a robot, because he's repeating his programming.

13. #14 Indi420, Nov 21, 2009
    This kid has a future job at fox news

Edit: He got murdered in the comments.

14. Tool bags will be tools you know. And it seems like people who are so cannabis ignorant seem to never realize that the idea's they have are completely wrong . Do they just refuse to read up on how cannabis actually became illegalized in america ???

15. The comment are very intelligent, and really well wrote.
    dang this guy got his anus tore, I cant believe the school director or whoever approves the paper would allow this shit to go through and be allowed to stay in circulation. bah what dumb shit

16. Wow, he got DESTROYED by all those comments.

17. ya especially this

"As much as I hate to say this, the government isn't always preoccupied with devouring your wallet(1). If I may use some second grade logic; dead people can't possess money. Therefore, it benefits the government to instigate measures to prolong the existence of its citizens to insure that fiscal funds are later usurped(2). Hey, it's a necessary evil, that taking care of citizens' well-being, you know."

One he contradicted himself (i've labeled the statements 1 and 2). And if that entire paragraph was true why the fuck would alcohol and cigs' be legal?

Dumb-ass, prolly a subconscious troll whose parents didn't love him enough and now he has to be "that guy" in order to get attention. Sad shit...

More amusing how hes acts like he isn't and ignorant fuck, and basically talks about he isn't in the below paragraph by using saying others and himself aren't ignorant.

"Now, I am no teetotaler, and I have been around the proverbial block a time or two. Generally, when people encounter anti-pot pundits, the talking heads opposed to weed-legalization are fairly nebbish, socially subdued types, seen as the sorts that have never tasted a drop of liquor nor held hands with a member of the opposite gender. Contrary to popular belief, most marijuana advocates do indeed do their homework on the subject matter (or about as much as one can accomplish while brandishing fingers coated in an inch-thick carapace of Cheetoh-dust, anyway). Thusly, the typical end results in these sorts of debates are one-sided drubbings on behalf of the amateur, closet-foiled horticulturist."

But in the below paragraph he fucks up.THERE HAS NEVER BEEN AN INCIDENT OF SOMEBODY DIEING OR CONTRACTING A SERIOUS ILLNESS FROM MARIJUANA!!!

"The authentic rationale for marijuana's illegalization is that it kills people, plain and simple. Sure, one joint isn't going to give you a brain tumor, but a good forty years of exposure? Yeah, there's going to be some negative implications on the smoker's health. A granule of asbestos won't give you lymphoma, but a lifelong courtship with the product very much will. Thusly, if a known carcinogen is introduced to the general populace, it is the government's job to help curb the miasmic Diaspora."

18. SECOND THAT :hello::smoking:

19. He comes off very condescending, which will offend smokers and non-smokers alike. His writing style is very smug, and therefore unenjoyable no matter the material. The most important thing is that arrogant little prick needs to open a history book. It is no secret why the government made hemp and cannabis illegal in the 1930's. Talk about a right-wing stooge.