Look at this really good phishing message I just got

Discussion in 'General' started by Dark_Angers, Feb 26, 2008.

1. I log into my email and I see this
    [​IMG]

I go ok this looks normal, but then I said hey wait a sec I am not selling anything atm WTF? Did the dude send it to the wrong person? So I go to the ebay page and login. I see no new messages and this is when I new 100% the e-mail was fake.

Upon closer examination of the email I find what e-mail sent it
    [​IMG]

I go this is not a fucking ebay e-mail address stupid phisher.

Then hovering over each url I notice this
    [​IMG]

I know for a fact that no company uses tinyurl to link to their pages. This is either a trojan loaded page, or a fake ebay phishing page. I dare not click:p

2. Good thing you caught it!

I take it u went directly to ebay.com, and didn't click a damn thing you saw in that email?

btw, if you use ebay often, this ebay toolbar (official) might not be a bad idea:
    http://pages.ebay.com/ebay_toolbar/
    i searched for "report ebay phishers" on google and came up with that

3. Yeah I typed ebay.com into my browser I didn't trust any links. I don't use ebay often, so I know all my transactions, and knew something was up.

4. Smart people keep their money!

5. The link doesn't work. Tinyurl pulled it due to ToS violation. :p

6. I used to make fake ebay+ paypal phishers with fake domains and an emailer that you can make an email come from any address you want. I would load a big email list and mass mail. Thats my past and i got raided for that and DDOS so stay away from the internets

7. Yep its not hard to fake the e-mail address, but phishers are usually lazy or make a mistake. Only targeted attacks have care given to them. Out of 100 people this fake-mail was sent to prob 20 or more got tricked.

old school domain ticks are cool like. google.com@hotmail.com (trick is you can put anything before the @ and your browser will ignore it and goto the address after) doesn't work anymore since browsers now warn you, but that type of thing.:p

ebay.com@phishingsitehere:D

8. Those people make up a majority of the scum of the universe.

Anyone else got the one from "Paypal" that "appears" to be legit, saying its a transaction confirmation for the purchase of a toy car for like $245, and it says click here to dispute. LOL WTF!??! theres one born every minute unfortunately.

9. I get a lot of spam email from "ebay". You are more likely to get these messages if your ebay ID is similar to your email address.