Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Longer increased heart rate?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by TheGreen13, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Does Marijuana in edible form increase your heart rate for longer periods of time compared to vaping?

I just tried a Marijuana oil capsule for the first time the other day and it increased my heart rate 25bpm for 7 hours+. Is this Normal. Typically my heart rate is around 64bpm. But the oil increases it to between 85 and 89bpm for hours. My forehead gets a little sweaty also. Is this the norm with any kind of edible?

I should also note I started out as low as you can go. Its medical marijuana capsules and they are tested at 1 milligram of THC and 8 milligrams of CBD. So its definitely not like I took too much THC or anything. And I only took one capsule!

I basically just want to make sure that is normal or not. If it increased it for 30min I wouldn't worry about it. But 7 hours???

2. Is it normal no,when you try it again check again ,
    But here what happened (sounds like to me anyways) it was your first and your fear is what caused the higher bpm,(very few would be checking there pulse for 7 hours....) what you really want is your blood pressure readings and not just pulse panic can increase your pulse rate pretty fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I understand what you're saying. But I definitely wasnt just sitting there checking my pulse for 7 hrs. And I wasnt panicked. It was more of an information testing. Anotherwards I already know marijuana increases my heart rate but I was testing to see for how long. I went about my normal day not even thinking about it. Ran to the guitar store for strings(my wife drove me) and ran to the store. Every once in awhile I'd check just to see where it was at. And when I was home later in the day I checked it here and there and while I was doing that is when I noticed it slowing back down. Around 8:30pm. Its definitely the marijuana and not paranoia. The only reason I'm even checking my pulse is I have know PVCs and slipped beats and I'm trying to keep track what aggravates them and what doesn't. And I've had them long before I started using medicine marijuana. So it's not because of that. And yes I see a heart Dr on a regular basis.

So no one else gets an elevated heart rate from edibles??

4. Btw whats your body weight? and normal blood pressure?? while thc is known to increase but at your dosage it shouldn't..Might try having a friend take your readings while you try to relax (( it is a thing for your reading to increase while they are being checked nurse its called it whitecoat something or another ))

5. My normal blood pressure is usually about 118 over 70. I dont have a blood pressure device at home. I'm 6ft 200lbs.

Also I think Marijuana lowers blood sugar which causes increased heart rate. Like right now I'm really hungry and I've had no Marijuana today yet and my heart rate is 81bpm. And I'm not diabetic. I've been tested. But I do think I'm border line hypoglycemic. I have to eat like every 3 hours.

6. Well your blood pressure looks good ,might want to look at your diet soda?, coffee?,smoking cigs?,taking any meds?

7. I'm a health nut. No junk food and eat nothing but whole grains , vegetables and white chicken breast and seafood like scallops. I dont drink dairy and only drink water. Never drink soda. I dont smoke cigarettes, no alchohol and I dont drink coffee. No other meds. Just take medical marijuana for chronic pain.

8. The effects of MJ are often prolonged when you eat, as opposed to vaping/smoking. One of the effects, for some ppl, is an elevated heart rate (I also notice this, but without much concern). Try taking your pulse 15 mins after vaping, you will likely note an EHR.

9. Your right I do get elevated heart rate from vaping as well. But not for 7hrs. But is a heart rate in the upper 80s for 7hrs something I need to be concerned about?

10. You may be an anomaly, ordinarily I wouldn't think that taking an edible with a THC/CBD ratio of 1:8 would have any impact on your heart rate. Maybe super-sensitive to Delta 11 vs Delta 9. Try again with a different edible that is clearly marked for ratios for medical use.

11. All I can tell you is that I experience the same thing, and nearly everyone I know experiences the same thing. 7 hours is not unusual when you eat. Often we get increased "body" results from eating, and the results last longer. I've heard many ppl say they were surprised at how their "response" <call it "high" if you want> seemed "longer and stronger" from eating. Some articles I've read state that people don't understand how much they are really "eating" when they first start. Pills, gummy bears, oils etc. have really high/concentrated amounts of psychoactive compounds. Those who are more familiar with smoking/vaping are often very surprised when they first start "eating". It is very likely that you are "overly" concerned about this ... and it my very well be adding to your EHR.

12. Today I woke up and my heart rate resting right in the morning was 63 to 65bpms. After I got up and started moving around and feeling hungry it shot up to upper 80s and sometimes low 90s. Which isn't common for me. And that's with no Marijuana. Then I took the same Marijuana capsule with 1mg of THC and 8mg of CBD that I took the other day at 1:40pm and so far I feel fine. My heart rate is right around 78bpm. And its 4:51pm. So who the heck knows. Lol..

13. Today woke up heart feels racy and skip beats and flutters. Pulse around 85bmp Didnt take any yet.. Before I started marijuana my heart rate was always in the 60s..Just took a capsule at 2:03pm. Well see if it calms things down. I wonder if its actually some sort of physical withdrawal from it? I feel like hours I dont take it now my heart rate is higher. Until I take it. I'll know for sure with in the hour. I dont feel like I ever crave it. So its definitely not a withdrawal like a vicodin or xanax would be. But I thing my body definitely does and might affect my heart rate. Just a trial and error learning process. Since this is all new to me.

14. Remember that a normal heart rate ranges from 60 to 99. So you are in the normal range, just not what seems to be normal for you. Anything below 60 is called Bradycardia and anything above 100 is called Tachycardia. Try to take pure CBD, like Charlotte's Web, to counter-act the effect of THC. Also eating black pepper corns or even just sniffing black pepper has helped. Eating lemons, including some peel, has also helped. Also you can order some UNDOO pills from their web page that also work.
    For your heart the best non-prescription thing to take is Natural Calm Magnesium. It can really help with rapid heart rate and pvc's. Another thought is to make sure your flower is an Indica which generally is more calming and relaxing than some Sativa's. Good luck.

15. Thank you for the advice. I have tried the pepper corn thing already. We always use pepper corn with our food so its always on hand. The only time I felt I needed to use the pepper corn was when I first started using Medical Marijuana. When the program first started there was NO CBD products. Everything was just THC. And it was 60% THC Bubba Kush. I took only one hit but it was enough to say the least. Lol.. I couldn't even think about sleeping, my heart was going into crazy irregular rhythms and I was seeing green spots when I shut my eyes and that was in the dark. I grabbed the pepper corn and cranked it into my mouth like crazy and then took a cool shower. It helped a little but I was still pretty messed up.

As far as the heart rate I do understand that it's still in the normal ranges but its definitely high for me. Before I started MJ it was always in the low 60s and some times dipped into the upper 50s. So know since I've been using it's faster I get weird flutters and way more pvc s .. Even with the 1:8 Ratio high CBD. Its definitely not anxiety. Because like with this CBD strain especially when its going on I'm so relaxed from it and dizzy I pretty much dont care. I just feel it happening and it's like I subconsciously care. If that makes sense? Basically I'm not freaking out and panicking in the moment.

I've tried the magnesium thing a couple times over the years. Never had much success with it. Mainly got stomach cramps and gas from it. And feeling a little off. So I gave up. I'll definitely look into the Natural Calm Magnesium. Maybe better.

Yes. I always make sure my MJ is Indica. But right now it's just oils , pills, and half gram vaping oil co2 cartridges. And tinchers.. All of the cartridges are labeled with the strain and everything. But not all the pills and tinchers are. Just ratios like 1:1 and 8:1 CBD to THC are labeled on them. So you dont know what strain they came from. That's how the pills are that I started.